Sign in with
Your question

GA MA790GPT-UD3H

Last response: in Motherboards
May 16, 2010 11:21:26 PM

i have a gigabyte ma790gpt-ud3h rev. 1 and 2x2gb of memory modules from corsair CMD4GX3M2A1600C8.
the processor is a Phenon II x4 955 black edition 3.2ghz

im not sure if the problem is the onboard video card or the memory.

aways when i turn on the computer for the first time of the day, the system doesn´t boot.

a small green retangle and a character "Ñ" appears on screen. nothing happens after that!
i have to press the reset button to system boot up normaly.

i´m using only onboard sideport with dvi conection. i tryed all possible configurations in the bios.
i set corretly voltage and clock of memory. i tryed to change memory slots and nothing...

anyone knows about that error?

More about : ma790gpt ud3h

a c 301 V Motherboard
a c 163 } Memory
May 17, 2010 12:04:29 AM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Do u have the last BIOS version?
2- If ur rig recognize the 4GB without problems in Windows the RAM isn't the problem. But if u want, test the RAM with memtest86+
m
l
May 17, 2010 1:43:42 AM

Thank you :D  ! i aways come here to find answers to my problems. now i´m posting mine...

i´m not sure about BIOS. i bought this motherboard 4 days ago. maibe its original of rev 1.
yes, all 4 gb r recognized in bios and windows.
m
l
Related resources
a c 301 V Motherboard
a c 163 } Memory
May 17, 2010 2:17:07 AM

U can check in the BIOS the version that u have installed.

I think that u could RMA the mobo, since is very new u will get a reply answer to ur issue.
m
l
May 17, 2010 6:12:22 AM

i wasn't home to tell the version of my bios
now i'm back and i checked it.

my BIOS is in F1 version

i also checked gigabyte website to see the bios releases
and i'm not sure if these version will solve my problem

what is agesa?

check these link: BIOS DOWNLOAD PAGE
m
l
a c 301 V Motherboard
a c 163 } Memory
May 17, 2010 2:34:47 PM

Update the BIOS to the F3 version, the F4G is a beta version and can have some problems.
m
l
May 18, 2010 4:23:20 AM

what is agesa?

sorry, but i will not update my bios... until garantee period expires

another inteligent action?
m
l
a c 301 V Motherboard
a c 163 } Memory
May 18, 2010 1:29:40 PM

AGESA means AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture', is a bootstrap protocol by which system devices on AMD64-architecture mainboards are initialized.

The AGESA software in the BIOS of such mainboards is responsible for the initialization of the processor cores, memory, and the HyperTransport controller

Source: Wikipedia.com

An about the problem, update the BIOS is the 1st step for try to solve a problem. Since ur mobo still have warranty u can contact with the Gigabyte tech support and maybe they can give to u another option to fix ur issue.
m
l
!