Sound Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future_Flag

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding my pc sound card. I recently bought a turtle beach reviara and am not exactly happy with the sound quality. I have boss headphones that sound great in everything else I plug them into, but when I use them with my PC everything sounds flat.

Do you think it would be worth while to install audio software (i.e. srs audio sandbox) to try and squeeze more performance out of my card, or should I just save for a more expensive sound card? I'm looking for a cheap solution, if it's out there. Any help would be useful.

Solution
Welcome to the forums!

TBH, the Riviera is a very old and very cheap sound card.
I doubt any software will be able to save you from cheap components.
If your headphones sound good everywhere else, a new sound card will probably help a lot.

Do your headphones need an amp?
If not, the ASUS Xonar D1 is an excelent option.
It will give you top end sound for a reasonable price.
If you really need to save some cash, the Xonar Ds will also be a great improvement.
The best option for high end headphones would be one of the ASUS Xonar Essence series cards but they are not very cheap...
Welcome to the forums!

TBH, the Riviera is a very old and very cheap sound card.
I doubt any software will be able to save you from cheap components.
If your headphones sound good everywhere else, a new sound card will probably help a lot.

Do your headphones need an amp?
If not, the ASUS Xonar D1 is an excelent option.
It will give you top end sound for a reasonable price.
If you really need to save some cash, the Xonar Ds will also be a great improvement.
The best option for high end headphones would be one of the ASUS Xonar Essence series cards but they are not very cheap...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.