Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Option 2!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

shaqxolotl

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
What would be the best storage for games out of this:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_902_1006&products_id=17727

or this:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_902_1006&products_id=17369 (x2)

I want 240gb for games but don't know what's better? And I'm not sure if an SSD can RAID, and I dont know what RAID is anyway. What will give me the best performance? Also option 2 saves me $101 but its no that much of a concern.

Thanks!

Most SSD's have a RAID support. They are fast, and it depends how much storage u need.

They are almost the same. Both have a 3 year of warranty. Size matters and if u can afford Corsair Force Series 3 240GB SSD, get that one.

Since Money isn't that much of a concern, the 240GB one is a go. They both have the same specifications.... no difference other than the capacity. Then the obvious choice would be the 240GB one 'cos you could install a lot more games on it. And still have place to fly around in.
SSDs can raid as long as you have 2 or more of them.
If you go for 2 of the 120GB ones and then plan to RAID them, which of course you'll need to learn all about first, it's going to be a pain in all the wrong places.
Especially if you game, RAID would be used only for the OS, or actually should be used, in my opinion, for gaming a single SSD is fine enough, and the 550MBps isn't even going to be used to it's max during your gaming sessions, since most of the stuff is going to be either in the RAM and the GPU mem.
It's only the loading into those two mems that is going to be lightning fast with the SSD. So a single 240GB SSD is better.

shaqxolotl

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
What would you suggest for all my games (I don't get to many games, maybe 5-10 games like LoL, MW3, Minecraft, and not many other games) a 300gb VelociRaptor, a 120gb SSD or a 240Gb SSD?

Thanks!

I'd still say go for the 240GB SSD..... it's closer to the 300GB raptor (Sizewise) and you'll have enough space so as to not worry later on as to what to remove before you install anything new....

shaqxolotl

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Ill probably have 1 MMO, 3 FPS, and some miscellaneous like Minecraft. Is 90gb enough, also I will delete and uninstall the games I don't play. I noramly have only 1 main game I play and the others I play when I rage quite (hehe) or get board.

Thanks for all the help guys!

In that case you'll do fine with the 120GB SSD, since you're fond of playing only one game at a time and you don't mind uninstalling and installing stuff again and again.
But if that's the case, then you're better off with a Raptor.... why waste money on tech you don't intend to make full use of.

shaqxolotl

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I'm typing on my phone so ill make it brief.

My system specs are:
8gb of ram@1600MHz
Gigabyte 580 Super overclock (SOC)
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Windows 7 64 bit Pro
Corsair HX-750W

I don't need all that much space so I was thinking:

60gb corsair force 3 for booting winsdows, anti virus protection, internet protection, mouse, keyboard and headset drivers and software and stuff like google chrome ect...

90gb corsair force 3 for JUST steam and the games in the Steam file.

150gb VelociRaptor to back up all the files and folders of the above drives.

Can I even have have two of each file and game?

Thanks!

U can share /page file/ with both SSD's.

And 150gb VelociRaptor is great, but overkill for storage.

Either way, its gonna be fast.

shaqxolotl

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I just want to know if its possible to have all the files and folders instantly copied of my SSD's, right into my VelociRaptor?

Example:

I download COD MW2 off of Steam, and it automaticaly downloads it the my 90gb SSD, but also has a copy on the VelociRaptor.

Thanks!

Yes.

How what? To move the data like movie or music? Or steam installed games?

Or back up of the games? Is the backed up file linked to the steam too?

I a,m not a gamer, but if it is just like an ISO file or some ZIP, than u can copy and past or drag and drop or right click on the selected and select move to... Or use a Tera copy.

To move installed without re-install u can try http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

shaqxolotl

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

I'm basically asking if its possible to have 2 files downloaded at once to 2 separate drives. So once I start downloading a games, it installs to the drive I pick, but also installs the the back up drive.

And is it possible to have Windows 7 64bit OEM downloaded on 2 seperate drives on 1 computer?

Thanks for your very helpful advice nikorr :D

Maybe its possible, but why? Just copy what u need to designated folder and make copy elsewhere on another drive.

Maybe I am not getting what u wan't.

/Going to sleep. I'll check later what others said./
Good luck.

shaqxolotl

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

Thanks!