DVD drive can't detect the disk

My DVD drive can't read any kind of disks. When I looked at it in Device
Manager, it said it works fine. I can't access to it from command window or
from my computer interface. When I tried from command window, it said the
drive can't be accessed. When I tried from my computer/ dvd drive/ explore,
it asks me to insert a disk. The DVD drive is not new, it came with the
machine since we bought it. Any help???

Trisha <Trisha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My DVD drive can't read any kind of disks.

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)