Caps Lock LED Board - Presario c700

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertcheck

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
This is why I hate laptops. The service manual for this not only makes no! effort to explain where this thing plugs in, but yet I have no clue if there even was a plug now. I opened it up and there was just this wire from that part "Caps Lock LED Board" just hanging there. No missing connector or suitable explanation anywhere I googled as to what this thing is and does. Naturally I was freaked, but finished what I was doing and reassembled it. Everything works, except the keyboard now it seems. And all I wanted was to check to see why the power supply was always loose.

I tried searching here for past threads but all I get is LED info... Can anyone help, explain, enlighten, something for me about this? Thanks in advance.

Solution
You can access where it plugs into under the keybd. In the center area you will see where the touchpad ribbon cable plugs in. To the left of that access hole there is a another access hole and thats where the single 2wire connector for the led bar goes. If there are two conectors there then it would be the leftmost one. (I cant remember if there were 1 or 2 connectors in that access hole but its definitely that one. It, the access hole, is squarish but the upper left corner is cut off making it 5 sided)

Good luck.

popatim

Titan
You can access where it plugs into under the keybd. In the center area you will see where the touchpad ribbon cable plugs in. To the left of that access hole there is a another access hole and thats where the single 2wire connector for the led bar goes. If there are two conectors there then it would be the leftmost one. (I cant remember if there were 1 or 2 connectors in that access hole but its definitely that one. It, the access hole, is squarish but the upper left corner is cut off making it 5 sided)

Good luck.

Solution

robertcheck

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I actually posted 2 pictures on this tread as well showing the part I was referring to, but managed to speak to the customer and they assured me that the previous tech on his compute had broken that part so all is good :eek:) It was just for the light to come on for caps anyways. Der I know.. It sounded that obvious as to its function, but if you've never ran into it.. you question it. Props to "popatim"! Thanks for the response brotha.

Status
Not open for further replies.