Sign in with
Your question

Liquid Cooling help

Last response: in Overclocking
April 4, 2012 2:13:33 AM

I know it isn't needed for pretty much anything, however I would like to do it as it does seem like a interesting thing to try, and everybody has to start somewhere, so I would like to know if there are any good possibilities in a $300 budget? I had chosen these after some research http://i.imgur.com/Oyqzj.png and that was under my budget, but I also saw the XSPC Rasa RX360 which is also in my budget, and it was highly recommended as a beginners kit, and I was wondering which of the two would be better? or could I do better by choosing different components myself? and if either of the choices above could cope with a graphics card in the loop as well, as I was going to be adding it to the loop after a while.

this would be inside the NZXT Switch 810 cooling a AMD Phenom II X4 955, which does run under maximum load for upwards of 6+ hours at a time for renders

Again i know it isn't needed, and how expensive it can get, but it does seem like a fun hobby to get into

More about : liquid cooling

a c 190 K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 2:24:38 AM

You will need more fittings if you went for your shopping list, generall two fittings per component,
Rx 360 is a good kit, I would say go for the Raystorm version though, better block and a D5 pump, rather than the X20 750l one in the 'basic' Rasa kits,
Yes you can add a graphics card to that, but research that when you are coming to it,
Check out the watercooling sticky at the top, and theres an Xspc owners club thread in the hardware owners sticky, its just got going but you can link this thread in there and get further advice
Moto
m
l
April 4, 2012 2:26:56 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
You will need more fittings if you went for your shopping list, generall two fittings per component,
Rx 360 is a good kit, I would say go for the Raystorm version though, better block and a D5 pump, rather than the X20 750l one in the 'basic' Rasa kits,
Yes you can add a graphics card to that, but research that when you are coming to it,
Check out the watercooling sticky at the top, and theres an Xspc owners club thread in the hardware owners sticky, its just got going but you can link this thread in there and get further advice
Moto

ok, thank you very much for the info, and I did read the sticky but I am asumming I am missing something, so I will go read it again :p  thank you very much

EDIT also, thank you for pointing out the missing fittings
m
l
Related resources
a c 190 K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 2:48:00 AM

No problem mate, we like to encourage folks to at least read through and build a basic knowledge rather than holding your hand and telling you what to buy
That way you can understand what it is you need, and judge components for suitability yourself,
I'm on nightshifts in the uk but I'm sure you'll get more replies from other members too :-)
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 9:03:43 AM

I like swiftech, there are a solid company, for the most part (not there reservoirs) http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14573/ex-wat-188/Swif... and the price is within the price range you stated. as for upgrades later, the sky is the limit here. but really it's the versatility of this manufacture, to add in good modding techniques into the products design that makes them so appealing to me. not how they look, what I have found is that even if they don't make a plate for the purpose that I wont to use the block for. I can make one myself with minimal difficulty because the lip and holes are all ready there for attaching the costume mounting plate.
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 5:32:01 PM

The Raystorm is better price/performance/flow than Swiftech CPU blocks.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 7:48:16 PM

ok let's look at it this way you look for performance when suggesting parts and that is not a bad way of looking at it but I look at parts from a design stand point I would gladly give up a couple degrees in performance to gain the longevity of a well designed part (ex : the ray storm vs. swiftech storm rev 2)the way that the swiftech unit is designed it has the ease of modifying it for many different purposes while possible with the other one it would not be as easy. I hope this helps.
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 8:00:44 PM

20C is a bit much to give up in the name of looks vs. cooling (based on other threads where you had listed your temps).

Also, the newer Swiftech block is designed for multi-parallel flow in a loop which typically is only preferred when it comes to multiple GPU setups as the restriction drop is more beneficial than the flow drop as as GPU blocks are higher-flowing (traditionally) than higher restriction CPU blocks.

Personally, I see the multi-port Swiftech CPU block as a gimmick more than beneficial. Basically, your benefit is saving 1-2 tubing segment lengths at the expense of dropped flow across the entire parallel split.
m
l
!