Which Asus board

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
May 17, 2010 10:01:07 AM

Hi all

I'm building a gaming PC, I was on here a while ago sorting it all out but due to personal reasons I couldnt afford to start the build however I have now started collecting the bits and i'm looking at motherboards

I want another Asus board, it will be AMD and AM3, I am not interested in overclocking.

My dilemma is, I cant decide on what chipset and processor, should I even consider the 790's or should I just go straight for an 890, i'm a little wary of newer chipsets

Also, is it worth getting a Phenom 965 or should I go straight to 6 cores, i'm not sure if the extra money of the 6 core is going to see any gaming performance benefit over a 965?

Any thoughts appreciated

More about : asus board

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 7:47:04 PM

Hi.

The best chipset for AMD rigs is AMD, even if u don't want Crossfire. Now, if u don't want OC, u can go with a 890GX chipset that isn't expensive and have good quality.

For CPU, the 965 is a very good CPU and even have a similar performance that the X6. The X6 1055T(not BE) is around $205 in newegg and the 965 is around $180 (C3 revision). If u don't want OC IMO u can go with a X4 945 that is around $140.
a b V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 7:56:19 PM

No, the hexacores are not better for gaming. They are very good for multithreaded applications. So it would depend on your usage. Do you do a lot of video editing/compression, etc?

If I was building today, I would probably go for an 890 chipset. However if you are talking about 790FX vs 890FX, there seems to be little performance difference. You will probably be paying a few dollars more for USB 3.0 and SATA 3.

In your case I would recommend going with a 790fx if you are iffy on new chipset growing pains.
If you are interested in future proofing, then pay a bit more for the new interfaces.

I kinda like the price and features of this one, its a 870 evo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Related resources
May 17, 2010 8:14:10 PM

I've been looking at the Crosshair Formula 4 seems like a good board with all the newest technology but I really dont know if its overkill and its expensive especially as I only intend to run one GPU seeing as though this board is better for 2 or more, also I read it has issues with cool & quiet but I dont even know if enabling cool & quiet is a good idea and I think the issues been sorted with a BIOS update.

I was interested in the 890FX chipset simply because its the latest on and particulary FX simply because I dont need onboard graphics and the on board seems good so I could do away with my X-FI Xtreme music?

I cant help but think going for a 790 will could possibly be a bad idea as I think I may go for a 965 BE and wait until 6 and 8 cores develop a little more and maybe upgrade in the future and I read that the 890 is a better platform for the newer processors over the 790 or am I getting confused with it only being better than the 790 as more than on GPU!?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 8:44:39 PM

The Crosshair IV is a very good mobo, but yourself said that is overkill for ur needs. U don't want OC and the Crosshair IV is specially for that and Crossfire, the same as the Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7.

Cool & Quiet is a feature of AMD that drop the power use of ur rig when isn't in load, but if u want u can disable it.

Now the 890FX is better that the 790FX because support the X6 without BIOS update, have native support for SATA III and USB 3.0 and better OC capabilities. The less expensive 890FX mobo is around $150 (BIOSTAR, IMO not a good manufacturer), a good 890FX mobo is around $180 that is the Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5.
May 17, 2010 9:02:54 PM

Thanks, i've just been looking at this, I cant believe I have been so naive, this board has all the 890FX features as far as I can tell but doesnt have Crossfire support or integrated graphics which I dont need anyway plus its much cheaper!

What I am struggling to find out is if this board is basically an 890FX with the things I dont need stripped out basically but everything else is the same as there is no reviews

Also, will it run a 5870 as single card as well as the Crosshair 4? Why does it have a small power connection and will it support hexa core as it doesnt mention specifically?

If its basically the same thing but with the things I dont need stripped out such as Crossfire support then I might as well just go for that but surely there is more than that missing?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 304 V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 9:12:21 PM

The big thing is that the mobo that u link don't have 890FX chipset. Is 870 chipset , about the features the Crosshair IV have many other stuffs that maybe u don't use since u don't want OC.

The mobo can handle the 5870 without problems, and can support the X6 with the any BIOS version.
December 18, 2011 2:46:39 PM

252 Free Penny Auction Bids

You can get 252 bids for Zeekler penny auction and all you have to do is to register under the link http://ukr.zeekler.com/splash/. Just copy the complete link and paste it into address bar; if you don't use the complete link, you'll receive only 25 bids.

Zeekler is one of the best penny auction sites providing the opportunity to win not only brand new stuff, but also cash and other rewards. Using Zeekler you can purchase different goods with a discount from 50% to 95% of the actual price.

252 bids, which is an equivalent of 150$, is a good opportunity to win jewelry, photo cameras, mp3 players, cash and other stuff.

Don't miss an opportunity to play at the Zeekler penny auction site free of charge, since the quantity of registration is limited.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 2, 2012 5:25:58 PM

With many providers now offering full credit and debit card services too you will even have simple and direct access to your funds always And opening an offshore bank account nowadays couldn't be simpler either! Here are five straightforward steps to towards opening an offshore bank account And if you're banking in a very place where there isn't a tax charged on interest, your money is growing quicker - with no withholding taxes being applied at source They anticipate to receive a high interest rate and after they don't see this happening they become dissatisfied For additional information about tax regulations and offshore banking, consult a tax attorney or consultant . Thus offering the easiest offshore banking.

Opening an Offshore Bank Account for individuals

One method of overcoming this limitation is have your offshore investment account in order to your offshore checking account Why do you need an Offshore Corporate Bank Account? For companies willing to explore their business options various other nations, an offshore corporate bank-account provides innumerable opportunities to achieve their objectives and gain maximum profits A good alternative is a Visa or MasterCard debit card - which is directly linked to your offshore banking accounts There are of course a few other the explanation why it's possible to plan to open an offshore banking accounts These however include the top three explanation why a lot of people choose to do no less than some, if not every, of the banking a good offshore account open offshore bank account In a worldwide economy, money needs to move between various countries to facilitate trade It might make life a lot easier to have an expatriate retired within an offshore jurisdiction In most examples the operation is not necessarily instant While not absolutely guaranteed, (Bank of France law may change) opening an offshore account this way provides you with greater peace of mind, along with refuge for your wealth in the secluded place Global Access - Offshore banking is structured to provide global access and transference of funds to any location you ultimately choose But, that does not imply that they're just for wealthy Marshall Islands is refusing to co-operative with the OECD regarding customer information exchange, thus making this corporate jurisdiction a good, long term solution Banking secrecy, as I've said, is far from dead, inspite of the propaganda that may have you believe otherwise
March 27, 2012 9:07:12 AM

Visit us contemporary to grasp more information and facts at all events Come to see us now to buy more facts and facts anyway Kalendarze
!