Computer reboot problem

netericw

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Hello,

my computer sometimes automatically reboot, is it relate to it's bios or motherboard or CPU overheat? my Computer using ASUS P5B LGA775 series, CPU is Intel core 2 6300 1.86GHZ, 2gb RAM

netericw

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Hi Saint 19

i m using Win XP professional,

there hv a irregular red stripe appear in the mointor, sometime whatever it's reboot or when using browser to surf on the web. sorry I don't know what's"BSOD"

it's 2x1GB stick and I broughtit at the same time.

BSoD: Bule Screen of Dead, in other words, the blue screen that u sometimes can see when ur rig reboots himself that is something like this

Follow the suggestion of exela, download and use hwmonitor to keep one eye on ur rig temps. Let me know the temps that u get.

Also, test ur rig with only one stick of RAM and see what happen.

netericw

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

sorry I can't grab the pics for u ref, can u tell me how to grab it, I save an words file.

G

i had a simular problem and i checked inside the casing and found the front fan had overheated by jamming which then caused problems on the power button
i resolved the problem by changing the casing

netericw

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

I run the Hardware senor monintor 4.5

the CPU1 is 47.0( value)
CPU2 is muted but sometimes it jump up from 70-107
cpu 0 core is 48

Hi.

Like I said up, download the last version of hwmonitor, installed and check the temps. With that new version ur problem will be solve.

Why I'm sure that is the program version?, because if that temps were true something on ur rig should be dead now.

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
"there hv a irregular red stripe appear in the mointor"

Things you can try (maybe a friend can help you):
1. Test with another power supply if you're able to do so.
2. Test with one stick of ram in the B1 slot, if test fails try the other stick in the same slot.
3. Test with another video card if you're able to do so.