newtopcs1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Hey guys I need a new gaming/media computer for my little brother. He will stream movies and play some games. I would like to keep it below 1500 if possible. I want the best system I can get for this amount though and purchase date would be asap.

newtopcs1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week
BUDGET RANGE: 1500-1600
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:Games, media, streaming
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Just need the tower. Have screens, keyboard, mouse, speakers.
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg but will go wherever is better priced
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
PARTS PREFERENCES: Best I can get for money
OVERCLOCKING: Little overclocking, crossfire in future
MONITOR RESOLUTION:Not sure
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like to have the best parts my allotted amount can buy

newtopcs1

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
So would I be better off getting two lower end graphics cards? I mean I would like to have the 5870 and ideally have two of them at some point. Also whats the best gaming monitor I can get.

tecmo34

Administrator

The Dark Knight is a good cooler. Also, I like the Cogage TRUE Spirit for another good cooler. If you want the best, I recommend the Thermalright "TRUE" Rev C., which I believe is the best on the market.

tecmo34

Administrator

If you can buy/find a 5870, I would recommend staying with it. It will play most games as max setting and the option to add a second is a very good plus!!

What is your budget for a monitor?? I'm a huge fan of the Hanns-G 28" monitor I have listed in my signature thread. I recommend at least a 1920x1080+ monitor resolution at 5mm or less.