undo backup restore

After some funky problems, I restored a backup copy of a
program (Netscape data). However, my last backup was fairly
old and I want to undo the restore so that I get my most
recent data, even though they are corrupted.

I have tried with XP system restore but that doesn't change
anything.

How can I undo that backup restoration?
3 answers Last reply
More about undo backup restore

    "Stephane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >After some funky problems, I restored a backup copy of a
    >program (Netscape data). However, my last backup was fairly
    >old and I want to undo the restore so that I get my most
    >recent data, even though they are corrupted.
    >I have tried with XP system restore but that doesn't change
    >anything.
    >How can I undo that backup restoration?

    Which "backup restoration"? If you used NTBACKUP, you cannot undo this
    unless you did not overwrite newer files with the ones from the
    backup. The issue here is to backup the newer files before restoring
    the older ones or to restore the backup to a different place on the
    HDD.

    --
    (tm)

    I used the Windows XP backup and pasted the older
    (backed-up) files over the newer ones (corrupted). I tought
    that doing a system restore would returned to the previous
    state, however the files that I restored from the backup
    did not revert back to the original corrupted (but
    prefered) state

    No, the System Restore tool will leave data files untouched to avoid
    data loss.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Backup Microsoft Windows XP