• Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
April 4, 2012 10:12:03 AM

Hey :D 

I need to pick a CPU cooler for my new gaming computer. This is how it looks right now:

Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper + sidepanel with window
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 (LGA1055)
CPU: Intel 3570k or 3770k
GPU: 1 x GTX 680
SSD: 1 x Intel 520 (120 GB)
HHD: 2-3 x WD
PSU: CoolerMaster 750W or 850W modular (Don't remember exactly which, but it's from my current computer)
RAM: 16GB (Not sure which)
Audio: Some Creative card (Not sure which)

I've been looking at a few coolers:

Corsair H100 WC
ThermalTake Frio OCK
ThermalTake Frio
Zalman CNPS11X Extreme

I'am looking for quiet and effective cooling (hmm... who's not xD), and it would be awesome if the cooler would leave enough room for me to be able to use all of the 4 RAM slots with memory modules with coolers (like corsair XMS3 DHX or Vengeance).

I'm leaning towards the Corsair H100, but i'm not really sure. It would also look cooler compared to some giant piece of metal/plastic blocking the view from the window xD.

I'm planning to use MSIs auto-OC function and maybe experiment a little myself. However it's gonna be the first time i touch OC'ing, so i'm a total noob at the moment :D 

THX in advance guys xD

More about : cpu cooler 3570k 3770k

a b à CPUs
April 4, 2012 10:46:02 AM

Hello.
Quiet, cheaper and effective:
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO $34.64
Why do you need water cooling? This can probably max your cpu's overclocking potential without spending a fortune.
On the other hand, Corsair H100 is great for cooling...
Some Hardware Secrets Charts

edit: Oh and by the way... Watchout for MSI's OC genie.(A friend of mine has MSI Z68-GD65 G3, he gave me the info of changing the stock voltage) Although it can boost your cpu to 4,2Ghz with a simple press of a button, the problem is that increases your voltage...
April 4, 2012 11:25:51 AM

Now that might be the answer. It's doing really good compared to the H100. And to 1/3 of the price. Not bad!

Regarding the H100, for me it was a matter of "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing" xD. And i really, really, really like the looks of it when it's installed.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is my choice for now. Unless somebody can come up with something better xD

Cheers :) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 12:04:33 PM

i have a very killer idea about a geeky cooler-
1-get prolimatech megahalems rev.c
2-add 2x cougar fans
3-done!you have a great cooler which is not as huge as D14 or phentek but provides great cooling and looks(orange cougar fans are smexy).
H100 is not worth it IMO,rad is too thin and stock fans are crap.air cooling is enough.
!