Windows 7 problem with surver bords?

sagartotal3ds

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Hi guys i had the following configuration of my workstation.

Intel 5520 2.26 ghz Xeon Quad Core ( 2 CPUS)
Intel Motherboard 5520 SC
Hard Disk 150 gb Raptor Western Digital 10000 RPM
Hard Disk 1 TB Western Digital 7200 Rpm
Dvd Rw Sata HP
Graphics card Nvidia Quadro FX 1800
Intel Chasis SC 5300 + 600 watts Psu
Ram 8 gb ddr3 ECC ram (2 gb x 8 ).

yesterday i installed windows 7 and the problem starts. i play video and it stuck between playing my whole system stuck.
i don't know what to do. some time it plays but in 2 to 3 seconds it hang and then play and then hang and play my whole system is doing the same thing hang and play i don't no what to do

then i check my processor performance meter and it 5.4 pretty bad with this kind of system. i check processor graph and it shows that my processor tacks load in 2 second and then release and tacks load in 3 or 5 or 1 second randomly it happens
i dont no whats wrong with my system or driver please tell me if somebody had face the same problem

Sorry For my ENG
Regards,
Sagar Sharma

check all the drivers and do a windows update *including* extras/optional items and see what effect that had, if nothing goto all the manafacturers websites and download/install the latest driver packages (eg nvidia -> www.nvidia.com, relatek -> www.realtek.com.tw etc) and see what effect that has

Dr_M0rph3us

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
Hi sagartotal3ds,

Let me try to give you a hand.

First, let's check what process is taking up CPU cycles - either use the Task Manager or a more advanced tool such as Process Explorer. Find the executable responsible with this behaviour and search more info about it / post here.

Second, you mentioned that your system hangs when playing video - try another video player, or reinstall your existing player, or reinstall / install another codec pack, or even better, try the same video using a stand-alone video player, such as MPlayer.

If the system hangs, the problem may be elsewhere than user application layer. Does the system hangs in other situations? Describe them here.

Third, it may still be a problem related to your drivers, especially video drivers for your FX1800 workstation video card that may not yet be available for Windows 7 (64 bit I suppose). Have you tested the same patterns using other operating systems, such as Windows Vista or XP or Linux? If yes, then your system may not be stable, although your config seems OK (have you benchmarked it?).

Hope that helps,
Cheers