dirtybandit

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hi there, i was in the market for a new case and i found one i liked. the raven rvo3, now i am just going to move all the parts from my old case to the new one but i was wondering if my power cables for my pci power cables(ocz modxstream pro 700watt) will be too short to reach my 2nd gtx 460, in my current case they can, but i think this new one is a bit longer. would i need extenders?

What case do you currently have?
How long are the PCIe cables on your PSU?
According to a PDF file I downloaded from OCZ's website it says they are 19" long. Which, if true, would seem like plenty of length to reach the second GTX 460.

From your wording it does sound like you already have the case, if so, why don't you just try?

dirtybandit

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

raidmax smiliodon.
i still have to order the case, i just need to find if my cables will be long enough to reach everything because these ocz modxstream pro cables are shorter then most cables

The case is 57cm long, 19" is 48cm. With the OCZ's fan facing down the PCIe connectors on the PSU will be closest towards the front of the case.

If the second graphics card goes in the 6th expansion slot then I think the cables on the OCZ probably would be too short.

dirtybandit

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

on my current pc the the 2nd pcie slot is in the 5th slot, on the raven rvo3 the power supply would be top mounted if the motherboard was the right way on my current pc it reaches just fine