Solved

Power Supply

I have a 500 watt power supply in my pc, I would like to to replace the current video and soud cards. Will a 350 watt or greater sound card and a 500 watt video card function properly on that 500 watt power supply?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply
  1. What is your video card?
    If it iis one of the ATI's 5xxx series(except 5970)
    Then it is fine
  2. My video card will be the EVGA 9800 GT and Asus Xonar D2X sound card.
  3. Best answer
    It should run fine
    without a problem
  4. gnostic57 said:
    I have a 500 watt power supply in my pc, I would like to to replace the current video and soud cards. Will a 350 watt or greater sound card and a 500 watt video card function properly on that 500 watt power supply?

It depends on what else you're running and the capacity of your 12-volt line. The specs for the video card say it wants 26 amps. Use a PSU calculator like the one at Cooler Master to determine how much PSU you need, and then beef it up 20% for luck. Look at the label on your now or future PSU, or look it up online, and be sure it has enough 12-volt amps on the line you'll be powering the video card with. That card, the 9800 GT, comes with an adapter so you can power it from a hard-drive power plug. The sound card will not pull anything like 350 watts, more like 35.
  5. blabla
  6. Best answer selected by gnostic57.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Power Supplies Components