Sign in with
Your question

Would not boot to XP, error memory dump complete

Last response: in Motherboards
May 18, 2010 4:57:13 AM

Hello,
Please help on how to make my other laptop boot to XP. I chose safe mode, it just went to multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1)\windows\system3\drivers\PCINDEX>SYS, followed by same line with all sys files and it just stayed on this screen then changed to a blue screen showing "physical memory... memory dump complete", then it keep on rebooting back and forth to the screen to choose: safe mode or same mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt or to start with last configuration or start to normal window and whatever you choose, it doesn't boot to windows at all. Is this a system registry issue or memory issue? Please have someone give me suggestion on how to fix or what type of repair download I need?
May 18, 2010 11:42:57 AM

Ok, im no expert but do try this (it had worked for me once)

Go to yr bios and try changing the "Mode" of your hard disk ,, (If its AHCI , try changing to SATA or vice versa )

Its a crude (and maybe unproductive ) hint i know.. but u can try that till the experts suggest something more "refined" :D 
m
l
May 18, 2010 11:59:30 AM

its needs a new clean installation
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 18, 2010 7:26:01 PM

cpburre said:
Hello,
Please help on how to make my other laptop boot to XP. I chose safe mode, it just went to multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1)\windows\system3\drivers\PCINDEX>SYS, followed by same line with all sys files and it just stayed on this screen then changed to a blue screen showing "physical memory... memory dump complete", then it keep on rebooting back and forth to the screen to choose: safe mode or same mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt or to start with last configuration or start to normal window and whatever you choose, it doesn't boot to windows at all. Is this a system registry issue or memory issue? Please have someone give me suggestion on how to fix or what type of repair download I need?

What triggered this behavior?
m
l
!