My new computer

G

Hello

im planning on building a new computer. i wanna know what u think of it...

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
Processor: AMD Phenom II X$ 955 3.2 GHz
VGA: HIS HD 5850 1GB
RAM: 2 x 2GB Kingston 1333 DDR3
HD: WD Green 640GB
DVD: Sony 24X
Case: Cooler Master Elite 334
Power Supply: OCZ Stealth Extreme 600W
Monitor: Samsung 2494HS

For what you got the build is fine. Poster number 2 suggests 2 cards when you can only run 1. Also, the 5850 is 10 tons better than those 2 in Xfire. The numbers might be similar but the actual performance isn't.
Can't comment on the drive because I never used one of those. Right now I get 500gb Samsungs for most machines.

mfarrukh

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009

Really?
Do you believe that?
Go around and check samoe benchmarks before you post your so called opinions

ONE.... if any of you chose to look, the mother board does NOT have 2 pci-e slots so he can only run ONE card. TWO:.... 2 5770 in xfire can get 1000fps for all I care. Turn on the AA and it's going to tank. The 5850 will give better PERFORMANCE than those 2 cards in xfire. Shove your benchmarks. Buy the cards and try it yourself.

What do you suppose would happen to those numbers if guru ran their tests on hardware everybody else has ? Not i7 960's running at 3700+ and very fast memory.... you know, A motherboard and memory that costs more than the "average" hardware this guy is buying. And how far do you suppose that i7 960 throws things out of the "average" ? Completely different playing field. And since this guy is buying a single pci-e slot mother board what card do you think will give him better performance..... C'mon, you can say it.......

G

im not tending to get 2 cards for crossfireX. i don't tend to overclock either
i just don't know why u think the WD Green is bad for storage
plus i have 2 questions:
is my powersupply (600W) enough to operate my whole setup?
will my monitor work with the HD5850 when an HDMI cable is connected? (note that i'll only use one monitor and one VGA connector which is the HDMI one and that i'll use windows 7 64 bit)

mfarrukh

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
PowerCoolers cards are sometimes cheap, so its not a bad option

No one is better in terms of performance
All the difference is in their service

for example

XFX gives you Double LifeTime Warranty
HIS usually packs a nice new game like DiRT 2
and so on

So
Buy the cheapest one