Closed

Control two computers at the same time with one keyboard and mouse

Hi - can someone give me tips on appropriate hardware to control multiple computers at the same time with a single keyboard and mouse. I don't want to control only one at a time (standard KVM or VNC sharing) - I want the cursor at the same point on both screens (two PCs, two monitors, identical resolutions). The goal is to control multiple MMO game clients at the same time. Also, if anyone can explain how to expand this to 3,4,+ computers, that'd be great

Thanks, CL
20 answers Last reply
More about control computers time keyboard mouse
  1. have you looked for a usb splitter so the keyboard and mouse data goes to multiple computers
  2. Other sites have explained that this is impossible - multiple USB hosts (the PCs) cannot simultaneously access the same USB device, because the protocol is serial. I found "USB servers" which allow multiple PCs to access USB devices (printer, webcam, etc.) but there isn't simultaneous access.

    I've looked at PS/2 splitters and there's plenty to connect multiple PS/2 devices to one PC, but not the reverse.

    Any KVM switches that aren't switches, but splitters?
  3. Not that I know of. I have a 4 port KVM switch, but I am not sure that what you want can be done.
  4. All of this for MMORPG greatness? Meh.
  5. I think the easiest way would be to create a program to send your mouse and keyboard commands to multiple VNC windows...somehow.

    Which isn't easy at all. Guess you'll just have to play the game the way everyone else plays it..
  6. frozenlead said:
    I think the easiest way would be to create a program to send your mouse and keyboard commands to multiple VNC windows...somehow.

    Which isn't easy at all. Guess you'll just have to play the game the way everyone else plays it..


    with 4 mice and keyboards
  7. Synergy is a SW solution that 'might' operate in the mode you want. Try googling "synergy keyboard software" or something to find it.
  8. berryjr1 said:
    Synergy is a SW solution that 'might' operate in the mode you want. Try googling "synergy keyboard software" or something to find it.


    interesting and cool, i didn't think there was a software solution for this
  9. Anyone find a solution yet? I have the same type of request. Our QA department needs to test 2 computers at the same time. the concept is that both computers will have the same software installed but one of them will have a higher version installed. the users will need to navigate through each screen and click on the same buttons on both computers. if they could use one mouse for both computers at the same time that would cut down our QA time in Half!!!
  10. There's an amazing solution for you .. works seamlessly on Windows 7 64bit too

    Input Director
    http://www.inputdirector.com/downloads.html

    Enjoy
  11. This product looks just like Synergy. We are not looking to control 2 computer independently with one keyboard and mouse. We are looking to control 2 computers at the same time. In other words the mouse should control both cursors at the same time. When you drag the mouse it should drag both cursors on both screens. When you click the internet explorer shortcut it should launch on both computers at the same time.
  12. synergy or multiplicity will allow you to move the mouse and keyboard control from one computer to another, and keyclone will allow you to control both at once. Google keyclone, the forums on the keyclone site will guide you on how to get everything setup in order to accomplish what you're looking to do.
    This is the setup that people use to control multiple wow clients on different computers.
    It is worth saying that you honestly dont need to use multiple computers either, you can run multiple instances of most MMO clients from the same computer with reduced graphics and sound on the "clone" clients, while running the main one at full capacity, but multiple computers works fine also.
    If you decide to run multiples from one computer, only need the keyclone software.

    There is no way, or at least none that I've heard of, to completely clone the keyboard and mouse inputs to multiple machines. When you see videos on youtube of people controling 2+ characters that all do the same thing in an MMO its done with synergy or multiplicity + keyclone, thats pretty much the only way.
  13. I'm not aware of anyway to do this - also while it sounds good in theory in practice I see alot of problems trying to keep everything in sync while running - even if the systems are identical what happens when one or the other system gets slightly out of sync with the other and the mouse is no longer in the exact same position or 1 system fails to register one small click of the left mouse button that the other still catches and you are then doing different things on the 2 systems for one reason or another - How do you get them resynced without having to shut down and start all over again ( and how often will that happen )
  14. keyboard to 2 way switch. one lead out to 3 way splitter that connects to 3 differant computers. the other lead to one computer. you should be able to control 3 at once, or flip switch and control one. you would still need to have 3 keyboards but it should be able to do one at a time or 3 at a time. the same setup for the mouse. that is a guess, any opinions please
  15. JamesBowne said:
    This product looks just like Synergy. We are not looking to control 2 computer independently with one keyboard and mouse. We are looking to control 2 computers at the same time. In other words the mouse should control both cursors at the same time. When you drag the mouse it should drag both cursors on both screens. When you click the internet explorer shortcut it should launch on both computers at the same time.


    Input Director has a "mirror mode", which can mirror mouse and keyboard, just mouse, or just keyboard. That might do the trick.
  16. There is a really easy way. I multibox wow like this. Buy the desired number of identical logitech wireless keyboard and mice. then connect one set to all the receivers. there is a red connection button on them. it doesn't work so well w the mouse because if things get off by a little it messes everything up. So i use 1 keyboard connected to 4 comps. the mouse controls my main screen. I set a hotkey for target nearest party member and one for follow. then set all your spells to the desired hot keys. for example on your mage 5 could be arcane blast while on your druid its wild growth. so u control your mains movement w the mouse w the others on follow and then use your hotkey target enemy button while all your slaves are following your main and they will all target the enemy then cast your spells. my problem is trying to get this done using a wired keyboard as I got a new G19.
  17. http://solidice.com/keyclone/

    The above program does what you are looking for.
  18. wow honestly, have you ever heard of botting progs? Instead of stressing out about having 2 comps why not have multiple clients ran on same machine programmed to do exactly what you want them to do?
  19. tb9durkee said:
    Hi - can someone give me tips on appropriate hardware to control multiple computers at the same time with a single keyboard and mouse. I don't want to control only one at a time (standard KVM or VNC sharing) - I want the cursor at the same point on both screens (two PCs, two monitors, identical resolutions). The goal is to control multiple MMO game clients at the same time. Also, if anyone can explain how to expand this to 3,4,+ computers, that'd be great

    Thanks, CL


    well at school one computer can use this software to control other computers using his so all of them display the screen using the software so it might be possible to do that.
  20. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Mice Computers Keyboards Systems