Cpu not supporteb by mobo

mike1447

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
Hello all i was wondering if anyone could shine some light on this situation for me. A friend of mine is building a new pc and his i7 is not supported by his mobo bios. Her has a i7 and apparently the version he has is not supported and he cant flash the bios because of it. I( told him to swap some other cpu in then download and flash the bios and then swap the i7 back in. Will this work or is there something i am missing. I am working on getting more specific specs and will post them when he calls me back. Thanks in advance for any help.

mike1447

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
i7 920 cpu and an asus p6t deluxe v2 mobo, then he got a evga x58 3x sli mobo and niether of them worked. His mobo will turn on but the video card wont. he has rma the gpu and mobo and it doesnt work with either.

He wont be able to swap the i7 out for another CPU because unless he happens to have a spare i7 sitting around there is no other processor to put in that socket.

If it didnt work in either of those boards i would bet on the chip being DOA as those motherboards definitely support the i7 920.

TRENDING THREADS