Diamond vs XFX 5970

snowdude1492

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Currently I have access to a Diamond 5970. I'm not gonna tell you where cause i want it for me :).
but I heard that the XFX 5970 black edition is coming out at the end of the month (November).
I currently have an XFX ati card and i love it but, I'm wondering if the diamond is okay, or if the XFX is going to be much better (because it will be more... you can't deny that).

Thanks guys.

snowdude1492

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
because i could by a diamond for $650(I live in US of A) no shipping cost(at a store), or a sapphire at 650 (that price includes shipping), or wait and try to track down a XFX.

Which would you guys choose?

wsupduck

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Well if you want to utilize the overclocking capability of the card i would wait until the xfx comes out that way if it starts to melt inside of your case you will get your money back :whistle:

Given the fact that XFX offers Double Life Time warranty that could enable you sell the card easier down the road (when needed) as the buyer will also get a warranty making them less hesitant to buy a used card.

Double Lifetime Protection*
Nothing tops our warranty. It’s not just a limited lifetime warranty, it’s a transferable lifetime warranty. So, should you sell your XFX 6-, 7-, 8-, 9-, GTX-, GTS-, GT-, and GeForce Series or any XFX Radeon HD Series cards, whomever you give it to or sell it to is protected, as well. Better still, it’s the best card on the planet for gamers who push our cards to the limit.
http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/Features/DoubleLifetimeWarranty.aspx

As far as quality goes, XFX and Diamond both make quality cards, but in my personal experience, the EVGA and XFX cards tend to OC a bit more than ASUS,etc cards.

TRENDING THREADS