Is this even possible with a Swiftech Radbox?

I have my swiftech radbox mounted on the back (320 rad w/3xScythe Ultra Kaze) at the exhaust fan opening of my Rosewill Challenger case but I really don't like the idea of excluding the exhaust fan (yes there is a 140mm exhaust on the top but I'd like a 120mm at the back to balance out the side window fan) - I'm at a loss of how to install both the Radbox and an exhaust fan. I know I can make new mounting holes in the case but I would perfer not to disassemble my rig at this time (bad enough I have finish my cable management from last upgrade).

How to mount a Radbox and Exhaust fan together?

Lutfij

Titan
if i can be of any assistance, yes you can use what you have in mind. just use the long screws provided with the radbox. should pass through the 25mm fan and the 25mm radbox and bolt on the outside of the case with the washers and nuts.

you get an instruction pamphlet/paper inside the radbox. One other thing is that the hot air exhausted can also feed into your rad, so you might see a few deg increase in temps. I'm picky about the air that goes into the case+rads :p

hope this helps.

Rad-Box.jpg

001.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2160240

019rn1.jpg

radbox.jpg

*simple google image search with " swiftech radbox" :/

@ toolmaker_03 -
what kind of case?
Rosewill Challenger :)

The case I'll be hacking on is a Gateway Media Center PC from 2001 or so - it's a good size case (so it'll handle my triple rad) unlike ALL of my other old cases (micro-desktops donated from family members - "Here, you fix PC's, take this..." How do you say with tact, "Look grandma, that thing was a POS when you bought it, what makes you think I can fix it 6+ years later let alone find parts for it" so they stack up in my garage - at least I'm not stockpiling CRT's anymore!) Sorry, I digress.

Thanks Lutfij, I remember seeing that but when I did the install, I couldn't get things to line up - always one bolt just a little off - so I gave up for then. Now, I'm thinking there is a trick... maybe just patience... I'll be working on it again here soon and use that as a starting point - don't know though, I remember being very frustrated.

Lutfij

Titan
@ modo - well, erm i'm an owner of the radbox and was amazed at how you could even use it off of an 80 mm fan mount. That said, you+OP gave me the idea :) i also feel that loosing out on a fan is kind of a bummer, but i have a full tower case, so heat isn't much of an issue as it'll go up to the topside vents...unlike most Mid tower or mini tower cases. (not trying to rub Op's nose in it)

@ C12Friedman - patience is key with these stuff , esp regarding PC hardware - most times they don't click into place cos of faulty workmanship/manufacturing. Take it easy, and go for a walk or just don't look at the ah heck :p + you're welcome

* try installing Win7 x64 on a 2004 machine via USB while trying to do CMD off of a machine two rooms away and going back an forth trying to make it into a boot drive - not good :/

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
hack into to it, sounds fun, are you planning to remove all the bay mounting. maybe the back plate as well, or maybe use the holes in the back plate for fans ohhh!! so many possibilities, any way will the rad be laying down or standing up for this or even at a 45* angle jest because you can.

Ahhh, but that is a post for another day

p.s. stay tuned for that (but don't hold your breath - still a month or so before I get started with that one - still in the design stage)