Pentium g620

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
hello and regards to all senior and wise members! :) i am a person that want to gain more knowledge about pc..and my question is,can we overclock intel pentium G620?because someone told me that we cannot overclocked this processor because the overclocking ability for it has been locked by manufacturer..and one more thing,can we overclock the integrated graphics in that cpu?hope my questiom will be answered by all of the wise members here.. :) thanks a :) lot!

Solution
I wouldn't say that it cant be overclocked but it's ability is extremely limited to only the base clock depending on the board. If the option to adjust the base clock is available you can raise that base clock from 100mhz to 105mhz usually but beyond that the system becomes a lot less stable.
I wouldn't say that it cant be overclocked but it's ability is extremely limited to only the base clock depending on the board. If the option to adjust the base clock is available you can raise that base clock from 100mhz to 105mhz usually but beyond that the system becomes a lot less stable.

Solution

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
can i know why this processor cannot be overclocked?why intel locked that ability?if this cpu can be overclocked,i am sure that
it can surpass the ability of i3 processor....

4745454b

Titan
Because instead of using separate PLL/clocks for each bus in the system, Intel used only one. While you raise the speed of the BLK, you raise the speed of the PCIe and PCI buses as well. These devices don't tolerate higher speeds which is what prevents the BLK from being raised to what it used to be able to do.

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
i see..is there any ways to increase this processor performance like we used to do in the bios like increasing the FSB for the other processor?is there any other ways to do it on intel g620?

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
i see..i heard many peoples said that this cpu is good for light gaming..is there any ways to increase the performance of this processor besides overclocking?can i get your wise opinions sir?

Zero_

Distinguished
Agree with the above. Pair it with a low or mid range CPU and you will get decent results. Something like a HD6850 will balance it off nicely.

Also,

2430577688_feel_like_a_sir_template_xlarge.jpeg

gtx 460 or a 6850, they are often pretty cheap and well tested. As for the cpu it would be nice to know what code they used for the firmware in the cpu that defines the multiplier, voltage, and other settings. It is all software unlike the old days but oh well :/

roy james

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
i see...thanks for that valuable knowledge!:)and one more question,from what i read on the internet,i saw some peoples said that if we want to unleash the hidden potential of the g620,intel will charge us about 30 dollars for that.is it true?and what is the hidden potential hidden in this tiny procesor?

Zero_

Distinguished

Yes. It's called a G860.

conetopia

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
the intel G620 cpu is a decent cpu
its clock rates go between1.6ghz and up to 2.6ghz
intel created this series cpu's as a cheap series for decent performance for a budget build.

to get the best performance out of it.
in bios disable
intel speedstep technology
and cpu c1E

this will make the cpu run at clockrate 2.6ghz 24/7
so now the cpu will run at max performance.

but now the tempurature will be high, so make sure you have a lot of fans in your case.
and make sure that in bios you Change the fans from Cool&Quiet to max performance.