[2] - The Sims Enhancer 2 - changing appearance - anyone h..

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in), I
gave it a try.

However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.

Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...

--
Listening to:
Mesh - Purple Haze

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
    > appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
    > Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
    > body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in),
    > gave it a try.
    >
    > However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
    > stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
    >
    > Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
    > but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...

    Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
    error

    "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"

    Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message news:<10p0ojlnv4elo9e@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    > > The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
    > > appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
    > > Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
    > > body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in),
    > > gave it a try.
    > >
    > > However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
    > > stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
    > >
    > > Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
    > > but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...
    >
    > Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
    > error
    >
    > "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"
    >
    > Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...

    More likely a bug in the TSE2 and not your PC.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    I am not an expert, but 384 ram ... boy ... who do you get the game tun run
    at all?!?!
    I'm pretty sure its a memory related problem

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
    > appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
    > Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
    > body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in), I
    > gave it a try.
    >
    > However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
    > stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
    >
    > Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
    > but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...
    >
    > --
    > Listening to:
    > Mesh - Purple Haze

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On 9 Nov 2004 05:37:54 -0800, bombaymix@altavista.co.uk (BombayMix)
    wrote:

    >"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message news:<10p0ojlnv4elo9e@corp.supernews.com>...
    >> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
    >> > The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
    >> > appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
    >> > Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
    >> > body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in),
    >> > gave it a try.
    >> >
    >> > However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
    >> > stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
    >> >
    >> > Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
    >> > but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...
    >>
    >> Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
    >> error
    >>
    >> "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"
    >>
    >> Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...
    >
    >More likely a bug in the TSE2 and not your PC.

    I would agree, especially since the site says that build hasn't been
    fully test and not yet determined to be stable.

    Might be good to send an e-mail about the problem to the support
    address (Support@Sims2Programs.com).

    BW
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
    > On 9 Nov 2004 05:37:54 -0800, bombaymix@altavista.co.uk (BombayMix)
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

    >>> Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
    >>> error
    >>>
    >>> "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"
    >>>
    >>> Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...
    >>
    >> More likely a bug in the TSE2 and not your PC.
    >
    > I would agree, especially since the site says that build hasn't been
    > fully test and not yet determined to be stable.
    >
    > Might be good to send an e-mail about the problem to the support
    > address (Support@Sims2Programs.com).

    Well, doing a serach for the "Out of memory while expanding memory
    stream" on google, it sounds like I just don't have enough memory for
    the way he programmed it.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:53:32 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
    <jer@connectria.com> wrote:

    >barbara@bookpro.com wrote:\>
    >> Might be good to send an e-mail about the problem to the support
    >> address (Support@Sims2Programs.com).
    >
    >Well, doing a serach for the "Out of memory while expanding memory
    >stream" on google, it sounds like I just don't have enough memory for
    >the way he programmed it.

    :-(

    Mightn't hurt to e-mail support about it anyway. Maybe it's fixable
    on his end.

    BW

Sims Games Video Games