[2] - The Sims Enhancer 2 - changing appearance - anyone h..

Last response: in Video Games
November 9, 2004 12:36:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in), I
gave it a try.

However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.

Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...

--
Listening to:
Mesh - Purple Haze

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
> appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
> Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
> body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in),
> gave it a try.
>
> However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
> stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
>
> Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
> but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...

Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
error

"Out of memory while expanding memory stream"

Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 8:37:54 AM

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message news:<10p0ojlnv4elo9e@corp.supernews.com>...
> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> > The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
> > appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
> > Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
> > body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in),
> > gave it a try.
> >
> > However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
> > stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
> >
> > Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
> > but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...
>
> Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
> error
>
> "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"
>
> Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...

More likely a bug in the TSE2 and not your PC.
November 9, 2004 9:20:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I am not an expert, but 384 ram ... boy ... who do you get the game tun run
at all?!?!
I'm pretty sure its a memory related problem

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
> appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
> Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
> body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in), I
> gave it a try.
>
> However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
> stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
>
> Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
> but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...
>
> --
> Listening to:
> Mesh - Purple Haze

Anonymous
November 9, 2004 12:24:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On 9 Nov 2004 05:37:54 -0800, bombaymix@altavista.co.uk (BombayMix)
wrote:

>"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message news:<10p0ojlnv4elo9e@corp.supernews.com>...
>> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
>> > The most recent build of TSE2 supposedly lets you change the
>> > appearance of a sim to that of a sim you have created in body shop.
>> > Having a couple slightly deformed sims that I managed to export to
>> > body shop via SimPE (but couldn't figure out how to export back in),
>> > gave it a try.
>> >
>> > However, when saving with TSE2, I get a something about a memory
>> > stream error, and it locks up, nuking my neighborhood.
>> >
>> > Does one need more memory for it to work? I only (?) have 384 megs,
>> > but usually if programs need more, they just use virtual...
>>
>> Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
>> error
>>
>> "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"
>>
>> Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...
>
>More likely a bug in the TSE2 and not your PC.

I would agree, especially since the site says that build hasn't been
fully test and not yet determined to be stable.

Might be good to send an e-mail about the problem to the support
address (Support@Sims2Programs.com).

BW
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 5:53:32 PM

barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
> On 9 Nov 2004 05:37:54 -0800, bombaymix@altavista.co.uk (BombayMix)
> wrote:
>
>> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

>>> Hmmmm. Even if I don't try the change appearance, I still get the
>>> error
>>>
>>> "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"
>>>
>>> Oh well. Looks like I definitely wasted by 48 hour trial...
>>
>> More likely a bug in the TSE2 and not your PC.
>
> I would agree, especially since the site says that build hasn't been
> fully test and not yet determined to be stable.
>
> Might be good to send an e-mail about the problem to the support
> address (Support@Sims2Programs.com).

Well, doing a serach for the "Out of memory while expanding memory
stream" on google, it sounds like I just don't have enough memory for
the way he programmed it.
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 9:56:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:53:32 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>barbara@bookpro.com wrote:\>
>> Might be good to send an e-mail about the problem to the support
>> address (Support@Sims2Programs.com).
>
>Well, doing a serach for the "Out of memory while expanding memory
>stream" on google, it sounds like I just don't have enough memory for
>the way he programmed it.

:-(

Mightn't hurt to e-mail support about it anyway. Maybe it's fixable
on his end.

BW
!