OC I7 2600 ( BCLK ) Need Help please

XXspardaxX

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
There is my pc Spec :

cpu : i7 2600 ( Sadly Non K version :fou: :fou: )
cpu cooler : cooler Master v6 GT
Mobo : Asus Sabertooth p67
RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
GPU : Sapphire HD 7970 3GB Vram
PSU : Crosair TX850watt
case : Haf x 942

PLEASE dont tell me to get the i7 2600k

i need your advise to chose between the two :

-- I am seeking your advise if its possible to squeeze some MHz from this damn CPU by changing the BCLK to 103mhz with this motherboard ( will it be fine ) and changing the Multi to 38 for all cores & change Vcore to 1.12v or 1.15v . i would be satisfied if this CPU can give me 3.9 or 4 GHZ at load with stable results since i am not demanding a lot of overclocking ?

-- or Should i change the Multi to 38 for all core but then i dont know what actions i need to do afterward from changing the Tdp power watt . what actions i need to do if i set all core to 38 multi . without touching the BCLK ?

i am getting smooth gameplay with games like BF3 ( when i play on 64 man multiplayers maps online i notice a drop in fps to 50 sometimes 45 then it goes back to the stable number 60 is this normal ? ) i think lil overclocking in cpu wont hurt but i need your guidance in this to pull 4 GHz .

So What do you think Change the BCLK and go risky way or just change MULTI and get 3.8ghz only and if i change only multi could you tell me what parameters i need to change as well ?

Any help would be really appreciated .

thanks in advance .

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Dont increase the BCLK because with sandy bridge boards you can run into issues by increasing the base clock. They are designed to be overclocked by increasing the multiplier. IF you change the multi to x38 or x39, no need to change voltage or anything. Just go into BIOS and step up the multiplier for the CPU. Why didn't you get a K version :D

XXspardaxX

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Should i adjust any Parameters in the Bios when i change the Value of Multi to x42 on my i7 2600 ? . or is it considered within the Turbo boost limitation Technology so the voltage will be more stable if it set in auto .

TRENDING THREADS