Problems getting New Motherboard set up (audio/network)

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Hey all, I just finished my i7 920 build, and everything is working perfectly -- except for two things: my audio and my internet connection.

So I just built this build, an i7 920 with an EVGA SLI LE motherboard. Everything is working perfectly, the system is extremely responsive, I love the speed. The 920 stays very cool. I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Audio Problem: Since the 1st day I installed the motherboard, the rear audio ports have been for all intents and purposes, dead. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The realtek software is installed, and it can even detect when I plug the speakers into the jack, but the sound never comes out! The front panel audio connection does work, however (no idea why). What can I do to troubleshoot this? its very frusturating to be without sound.

Internet Problem: When I first installed the system, I just plugged the network cord into the motherboard, and everything worked perfectly. For the last three days, however, I've had an odd problem. Here is the message Windows keeps giving me: "Windows has detected an ip address conflict Another computer on this network has the same ip address as this computer. Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue. More details are available in the Windows System event log."

What can I do to solve this? No, I have never connected this computer to the network via wireless (2 operating systems ago I did, but not since loading Windows 7). What can I do?

Thanks!

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
guys I need to use my computer!!! ideas!? I know i have a static Ip, and that when u check any computer in my house with whatismyip.com it always gives us the same one, but it has never caused a problem until now

whats happening help!?

Every other computer in this house (4 others) are still having no problem connecting to the network!! They are all on XP, I am the only one on Windows 7!

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
From each computer, click
start
run
Type cmd
type cd\
type ipconfig

check the last number of ip address of all 4 computers. If there's 2, then one might have a static IP address (the 920) assigned and the other has a dynamic. They dynamic could have been assigned while the static wasn't connected and when the static tries to connect, its IP addy is occupied.

There's two sides to a router divided by the firewall. Website based IP detectors will only make it as far as the firewall and find the routers IP WAN (wide area network, aka the internet) address. The router gives each device its own IP address on the LAN (local area network) when they log on if the lan address is static, use that.