What motherboard

G

Hello, i am looking for a motherboard just to upgrade the memory on my comp here are the specs which might help my motherboard ASUS p5vd2-mx se intel pent D 3.2 2x1gb pc2 5300 sata hdd

You won't notice a difference by upgrading just the ram. I recommend you upgrade the cpu instead. Look for a used one in one of the hardware forums or on craigslist. Also check your asus board "cpu support" section first to see what the board supports. If your board won't support the e series or q series core2 duos or quads, then a motherboard change with the cpu will be required for any real performance gain.

G

thanks for the help might look at just getting a new setup and seeing what i get for this one

Frys has a sempron 140 with ddr2 msi board for $29.99 after rebate. I sold that board to someone yesterday for $30. Bet he's kicking himself today. I use a biostar g41 board and it works fine, even overclocking.

It's in stores only. Last week they had one combo on their website, but it sold out at the warehouse before it did in some of the stores. You need to petition frys for a store in your location.