Tecra 8000 CMOS battery

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 20, 2004 4:34:19 PM

Hi,

my sister bought an 'old' Toshiba laptop (Tecra 8000), but the thing
keeps forgetting the BIOS settings. I've opened it up to replace the
CMOS battery, but couldn't find it :-(

Does anybody know where it is, what it looks like and where to get a
new one? Or where I can find service manuals for the Tecra 8000?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. She uses the laptop for her
studies and copying settings from a page on every boot, doesn't make
the laptop as handy as it could be...

Thanks,
Tim
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 20, 2004 7:25:25 PM

Did you look on both sides of the motherboard ? Its there.

"Tim" <tim@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> my sister bought an 'old' Toshiba laptop (Tecra 8000), but the thing
> keeps forgetting the BIOS settings. I've opened it up to replace the
> CMOS battery, but couldn't find it :-(
>
> Does anybody know where it is, what it looks like and where to get a
> new one? Or where I can find service manuals for the Tecra 8000?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. She uses the laptop for her
> studies and copying settings from a page on every boot, doesn't make
> the laptop as handy as it could be...
>

> Thanks,
> Tim
June 20, 2004 8:08:37 PM

I looked at the top of the motherboard and the parts of the back that
are accessible by taking off all the different 'lids' (to get to the
RAM etc.).

Do you think it's on the other side?

Thanks,
Tim

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:25:25 GMT, "kkweaver" <kkweaver@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>Did you look on both sides of the motherboard ? Its there.
>
>"Tim" <tim@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> my sister bought an 'old' Toshiba laptop (Tecra 8000), but the thing
>> keeps forgetting the BIOS settings. I've opened it up to replace the
>> CMOS battery, but couldn't find it :-(
>>
>> Does anybody know where it is, what it looks like and where to get a
>> new one? Or where I can find service manuals for the Tecra 8000?
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated. She uses the laptop for her
>> studies and copying settings from a page on every boot, doesn't make
>> the laptop as handy as it could be...
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Tim

a b D Laptop
June 22, 2004 7:33:53 AM

I have a 8000 also. A friend told me It was on the MB Cant ask to see whats
up. I would say If not on one side Its on the other. :)

Good Luck!

> I looked at the top of the motherboard and the parts of the back that
> are accessible by taking off all the different 'lids' (to get to the
> RAM etc.).
>
> Do you think it's on the other side?
>

> Thanks,
> Tim
>

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:25:25 GMT, "kkweaver" <kkweaver@pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Did you look on both sides of the motherboard ? Its there.
> >
> >"Tim" <tim@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> my sister bought an 'old' Toshiba laptop (Tecra 8000), but the thing
> >> keeps forgetting the BIOS settings. I've opened it up to replace the
> >> CMOS battery, but couldn't find it :-(
> >>
> >> Does anybody know where it is, what it looks like and where to get a
> >> new one? Or where I can find service manuals for the Tecra 8000?
> >>
> >> Any help would be greatly appreciated. She uses the laptop for her
> >> studies and copying settings from a page on every boot, doesn't make
> >> the laptop as handy as it could be...
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >> Tim

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 21, 2011 1:38:01 PM

http://drock.4mg.com

The Cmos battery is not like a coin type that you are looking for. It is a green cover above the CD ROM drive connected to the motherboard via a two wires. It runs to the board. There are two of these green covers. but the one with this character below is the Cmos battery. I hope this helps

2.4V 40m Ah NMH is written on it.

for more supports please do contact us at servicedesk@drock.4mg.com

Rgds,
Peter Isekiigbe