BIOSTAR T5 XE CFX-SLI LGA 1156

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I have this board with an i7 860 and 4gb of gskill 1600 7-8-7-24 memory, and an Antec Earthwatts 650w. It is working great so far, about 6 months. I've not looked into overclocking because I don't feel I need it at this point. But it is very stable with the dram voltage and timing set for the gskill. that is about all I've done in the BIOS except for setup a RAID 1 of two Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drives. With a PNY Geforce GT 240 512MB DDR5 Graphics Card. I am running Windows 7 64bit, and have zero hiccups so far.

I'd like to find out more about all the different setting in the AMIBIOS just to make sure I've got everything optimum. I just updated that tonight to the latest version and was searching here for info on settings for the AMIBIOS version 08.00.15 build 04/14/10.

The guys that are very familiar with BIOS setting and over-clocking rate it very highly.

Oh yeah, I got this board and the i7 860 for $154 from Fry's in So Cal after a long rebate wait back in November. Biostar makes you jump through hoops with its steps you have to follow for the rebate, but if finally came after about a 4 month wait, but they said it would take that long.

ronss

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I seem to have good luck with mine...when you set up the raid , did you have to load third party drivers..or were they included in windows 7 drivers...

i also got the frys deal....the board was actually selling on newegg for $134 at the time.......

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009

I have had not problems. I still need to update a few drivers. I just ran a program downloadable from the Biostar site under support: http://www.driveragent.com/biostar.php
And it said I needed to update drivers. And the Intel RAID driver was one of them. However, I am using the driver that was already in the BIOS. I need to research about the update and want to make sure I won't mess anything up because it is running great now. I did a quick read and I think it said I needed a floppy drive to do the update, and I don't have one installed.

ronss

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
thanks for the info

when you installed windows.....you probably had to install the f6 drivers...what did you use for that...or better,,where did you find the drivers for that......?

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009

No I did not. I have a Full install of Windows Ultimate 64 bit. I only updated a few specific hardware drivers online, but could have used those from the Windows Update site.