Really strange stabilty issues (radom blue screens), help

FinalJenemba

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
New build, having some problems that I just cant figure out.

Specs

i7 860
Gigabyte p55a-ud3
8gb adata Gamer 1600 (on compatibility list) running at 1333
Antec 650 earthwatts

First, nothing is overclocked, I just want stability at stock speeds. It appears stable overall, at least at first, I had one blue screen installing 7, but after a restart it installed fine. Pcmark ran without a hitch, and everything seemed ok till I started installing all my larger apps. It took me a few tries to install Adobe CS4, I had a few errors and a blue screen (irql_not_less_or_equal).

I ran prime95 and all seems well if I run the small fft or large fft tests. But if I ran the blend test, one worker would error out the moment I started the test. It was never the same worker and it was completely random, this happened like 8 times in a row. I let it rest for a few minutes and tried the blend test again and it was fine. I cant get the errors to repeat.

I have run memtest 4.00+ twice overnight and both times I had over 6 passes and 0 errors, so I dont think the ram is to blame.

These issues seem quite random to me and really have me confused, any ideas? Thanks

This is odd.

How long did you run prime95 small and large fft tests for? Run them for at least 12 hours.

Try removing 4 GB of ram and try the blend test again. Then try it again with the other 4GB.

How old is your hard drive? Try running checkdisk on it.

FinalJenemba

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Ok, so I ran the small fft test overnight, no errors.

The adata ram specs are 1600, 9-9-9-24, 1.65-1.85v. The motherboard auto sets it to 1333, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v. I figured if the ram is on the compatibility list from gigabyte the mobo would set it where it should be. Should I make any changes, and what?

Also, if ram voltage was a problem, wouldn't it show up in memtest?

Thanks

FinalJenemba

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Ran checkdisk, seemed to check out fine. Its a brand new spinpoint 500gb.

Update: New symptom, was copying over 2 8gb files from a pc on the network to my local drive. First one transferred fine, second one cause a blue screen about hallf way through. All the blue screen iv gotten so far have been irql_not_less_or_equal.