WEI Disk Transfer Rate Score w/ SSD

straytalk

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hey all quick queston,

I built my current rig a couple of months ago and had a WEI score of 7.4 . I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12GB. My score dropped to 5.9 because of the disk transfer rate. I find this odd because I have a 40 GB intel SSD drive I use as a boot drive and then a 1TB HDD. I've been googling my problem and have yet to find a stable answer.

All in all its not huge issue, and I know WEI doesn't mean much but I'd like to figure out what's going on.

And I also lost roughly 12 GB worth of space on my SSD after the ram install, I know this has something to do with the page file but I'm not an expert.

Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz (overclocked)
Memory: 12.0 GB
Video: dual ATI 6850 xfired
Storage: 40 GB SSD ; 1TB 7200 rpm seagate

Did you flash your BIOS after upgrading your RAM? Some users flash their BIOS, the SATA port their drive is connected to resets to IDE, and they forget to change it back to AHCI. Verify your SSD is in AHCI mode and re-run WEI.

Some users also have your problem and they update their Intel RST drivers, re-run WEI, and that fixes the problem. You have an AMD system so you don't use Intel RST drivers. Go to AMD's website, install their latest AHCI drivers, and re-run WEI.

straytalk

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

Tried the drivers unfortunately no luck :(

bwhiten

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Only 8GB left free on the SSD would seem to be the problem. That's very little left for the GC and such to work. You may have to do the SSD optimizations found on this site to recover the space used up by adding the extra memory. I don't know the proper number but as a rule I would not fill the SSD more than 90%.