2x 240mm radiator vs 1 360mm?

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Computers
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
a c 150 K Overclocking
April 7, 2012 7:24:28 PM

Alright..you guys know that I have strongly been considering on switching over to watercooling (moto, ryan, rubix etc.) now yesterday I came across a cm 690 ii advanced at Central Computers for $65 that can hold a lot more radiators, and is a better case than the HAF 912 for watercooling. Would having a setup like this:

Be better than a setup with the 360mm radiator mounted on top? I am going to purchase the XSPC raystorm ex kit: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p... it comes with a 240mm radiator, and later on I am going to add a rx240 radiator on the bottom. Just wondering what your opinions were...

More about : 240mm radiator 360mm

a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2012 8:28:24 PM

You'll have more rad space (480mm vs 360mm) so you should get better cooling. The key thing to note is that the EX rads have a high FPI, so you'll benefit from higher RPM/static pressure fans on that rad.

The RX rads have a lower FPI count, so they can tolerate lower RPM fans (though higher RPM fans will perform better, if you decide to buy all of the same fans).
a c 78 K Overclocking
April 8, 2012 1:12:50 PM

if you think the HAF 912 isn't meant for holding rads, might wanna google - "HAF 912+watercooling" and "HAF 912 owners club" will lead you to an overclock.net link with tonnes of HAF cases that are watercooled.

* that block int he posted pic looks like a DT 5Noz.
!