Sign in with
Your question

System Build Great Install need help

Last response: in Systems
November 15, 2009 3:59:34 PM

Built my sister in law a nice new computer fire it up everything works perfect i go to install and i cant get even to the partition screen without getting the bsod.

the techical information is:
STOP:0X0000000A (0X133CABB3,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X8080E627.

it also says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I am not that great with debugging this so it would help me hugely.

It was a brand new oem sp3 xp disc also. I tried my old sp2 disk and i got the same error.

We got another hard drive I thought it might be the hard drive but it still did the same thing.

Specs
MSI NF980-G65 board
Phenoemx4 955 black edition
OCZ Black edition 4gb ddr3 ram
Thermaltake G case
XFX GTX 260 1GB
Lite on BluRay Drive
Western Digital Green Caviar hard drive 1/5 TB

also have a seagate barracuda hd 1TB 7200
November 15, 2009 4:16:53 PM

Are you using the Blu-Ray drive to install the OS? If so, are you sure it reads the style of CD or DVD you are using to install? I am also wondering if it is a driver issue with that drive - if the BIOS can operate Blu-Ray without the OS, Anyone know about that?

I suggest first trying to install using a non-Blu-Ray drive. Also, if you have any non-essential USB devices please disconnect them.

If that does not work, did you thoroughly test memory with memtest for at least 8 hours? If not you might have a memory issue. As a quick test, take out all but one stick in the first slot and see if it makes any difference. Either way I suggest doing the memory testing if you have not.

What operating system are you installing?

Probably not Windows Server 2000 but here is a MS report about what that error means, probably similar for your OS:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957609.asp...

And another rather technical MS articel pointing to driver issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818501

By the way, I got those just by googlinn the error message, and excellent way to start your trouble shooting process.
m
l
November 15, 2009 4:35:25 PM

It does sound like a memory problem...but you might need to load the xp drivers off the MB disc if you are trying any sort of advanced HDD setup. I would only have one hdd connected during the install unless you are trying a raid setup. Be sure you have the correct hdd settings in the bios.
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2009 5:40:09 PM

thats what i was wondering if it wasn't the blu ray drive this is the first system that i have used that has a blue ray drive only in it.

the blue ray drive says that it can read dvds.

I am installing Windows Xp pro service pack 3. The disc was a brand new oem disk.

how do i run mem test i have never done it b4.

also how do u load the xp drivers for the motherboard without windows?

thanks for all the help
m
l
November 15, 2009 6:02:34 PM

i figured it out between case and that you can run 12 usb ports and they were conflicting giving it an irq conflict.

unplugged the extra ones and it flew thru xp.

m
l
November 15, 2009 6:21:12 PM

tuffstuff07 said:
how do i run mem test

After installation

First you test memory with memtest. (Actually this is best done after memory and video card are installed and monitored connected (required for test) and before other hardware is installed to better isolate the cause of any problems and make troubleshooting faster)

http://www.memtest.org/

You want an 8 hour error less run to prove it is good. If not you trouble shoot.

Then install OS and drivers. Assuming everything is working fine, you run prime95 for an hour or two (some suggest up to eight is better) to burn in system and test it under load. Run selecting CPU test.

http://majorgeeks.com/Prime95_d4363.html

While running that test, monitor temperature using Speedfan rates to ensure no issues

http://download.cnet.com/SpeedFan/ [...] 67444.html

If everything is operating well, I suggest going to pcpitstop.com to test and benchmark system. They have a set of free tests they run that will report common system issues, list outdated drivers you might want to update, and report basic benchmarks for common components. You can run it anonymously or log in and save results to compare with later benchmarks. Or you can purchase software that will you provide more extensive benchmarking.

Hopefully everything runs well and nothing needs tweaking. If you want to over clock, then I suggest Goggling "how to over clock" and to start reading up on it or just start reading the posts in that forum on this site.

m
l
November 15, 2009 7:31:32 PM

tuffstuff07 said:
i figured it out between case and that you can run 12 usb ports and they were conflicting giving it an irq conflict.

unplugged the extra ones and it flew thru xp.

Could you please elaborate what you mean by "unplugged the extra ones"? I am having the same problem with my newly built pc (it's Intel i5 750 and Gigabyte P55-UD3R motherboard). About half way into Installing Devices, the xp installation craps out with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error (0X0000000A (0X00000010, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X805527BC)). My mouse is the only USB device connected to the pc. I also use the two USB ports on the motherboard to connect to the three USB slots on the front panel of my case. Thanks!
m
l
November 15, 2009 8:21:59 PM

Titoc - disconnect all USB devices you can. Disconnect the front panel USB slots from the mobo. Its been awhile since I did an install and I don't recall if a mouse is necessary. If possible, leave it disconnected and use only the keyboard for the install.

However it is less likely that the mouse on USB by itself will cause the problem. If the above does not help fix it, see the articles I linked above and provide a list of components.
m
l
November 15, 2009 8:34:23 PM

all i did was connect the extra 8 pin or whatever they are from the board and everything is installed and works perfect.

it was the ones for the top of the case that were doing it.

basically just run the basics. hope it works for you
m
l
November 16, 2009 1:37:21 AM

rockyjohn said:
Titoc - disconnect all USB devices you can. Disconnect the front panel USB slots from the mobo. Its been awhile since I did an install and I don't recall if a mouse is necessary. If possible, leave it disconnected and use only the keyboard for the install.

However it is less likely that the mouse on USB by itself will cause the problem. If the above does not help fix it, see the articles I linked above and provide a list of components.

Thanks, Rocky and Tuff, for your quick reply. I have disconnected the mouse and taken one step further to disable the on board USB controller, but to no avail. Right now, keyboard, gpu (Gigabyte 4670), and a stick of 2GB RAM (OCZ Obsidian) are the only things left, other than the motherboard and psu (Corsair 850TX). Replacing the RAM is my next step, but it will take a few days to receive the replacement. After that, the gpu and then the motherboard are next. The problem with this dreaded error is the underlying causes can be just about anything. I probably should open a separate thread to see if I can get more input. Thanks again.
m
l
December 21, 2009 9:11:55 PM

tictoc said:
Thanks, Rocky and Tuff, for your quick reply. I have disconnected the mouse and taken one step further to disable the on board USB controller, but to no avail. Right now, keyboard, gpu (Gigabyte 4670), and a stick of 2GB RAM (OCZ Obsidian) are the only things left, other than the motherboard and psu (Corsair 850TX). Replacing the RAM is my next step, but it will take a few days to receive the replacement. After that, the gpu and then the motherboard are next. The problem with this dreaded error is the underlying causes can be just about anything. I probably should open a separate thread to see if I can get more input. Thanks again.

Just checking to see if you managed to solve this as I am having the same problem installing Windows XP Home
Gigabyte P55A-UD3R
i5 750
2x 2GB Corsair CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 (have tried with just 1 stick, same error)
nVidia Geforce GT 240
All additional devices disabled including USB, COM, LPT, SATA3

Thanks in advance,

Mark
m
l
December 21, 2009 11:33:20 PM

I am afraid tictoc deserted the forum. Here is the link to what was apparently his new thread - but it ends with him reporting "Eureka! More later. " then never coming back to report to help others out. Here is the link so you can see the other help he recieved.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274769-31-dreaded-irq...

Here is an earlier thread with similar issues. At least one other posted saying he had similar problems - but no indication how they were fixed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/264043-31-numerous-bl...

IRQ conflicts can be thorny. Frankly, since we have seen several unresolved issues here, I think you best bet to get this fixed on a Gigabyte board is to go to their official site at Tweaktown.com where you will find a lot of Gigabyte users and maybe some solved threads. If not, post and you can get help from the Gigabyte users or maybe an official Gigabyte representative.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/

If you do get it licked, please come back and post how you did it so others will know.
m
l
!