Laptop on home and office networks

I have a laptop and we have a wireless network at work (with a domain) and I
am set up as a member of the domain to access the server, etc. Everything
works great.

I also have a wireless network at home with two other computers besides my
laptop. They are set up as a workgroup. I have no problem accessing the
wireless network at home. It works fine.

I have added my work username and password to accounts on both the other
computers (one windows xp pro and one windows 2000). Both of the other
computers can share folders, files and printers with each other. I can not
access either of those computers via the wireless network using my laptop
even after adding my accounts. I think this has something to do with being
a member of my work domain.

When I go to Network neighborhood on my laptop, the only thing I find is my
work domain with my laptop listed. If I go to network neighborhood on
either of the other computers it shows the workgroup and both of those
computers.

How do I configure my laptop to access and share folders and printers with
my home workgroup?

Thanks,

John

"John Kaess" <johnkaess@daybreakchurch.org> wrote in message
>I have a laptop and we have a wireless network at work (with a domain) and
> am set up as a member of the domain to access the server, etc. Everything
> works great.
>
> I also have a wireless network at home with two other computers besides my
> laptop. They are set up as a workgroup. I have no problem accessing the
> wireless network at home. It works fine.
>
> I have added my work username and password to accounts on both the other
> computers (one windows xp pro and one windows 2000). Both of the other
> computers can share folders, files and printers with each other. I can
> not
> access either of those computers via the wireless network using my laptop
> even after adding my accounts. I think this has something to do with
> being
> a member of my work domain.
>
> When I go to Network neighborhood on my laptop, the only thing I find is
> my
> work domain with my laptop listed. If I go to network neighborhood on
> either of the other computers it shows the workgroup and both of those
> computers.
>
> How do I configure my laptop to access and share folders and printers with
> my home workgroup?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

This might be a problem in *seeing* the other workstations rather than
accessing them (i.e. you are unable to browse for them). Try selecting
'search' in My Network Places and then entering the name of the machine you
are trying to access. Once it appears (if it does), see if you can open it.
You might be prompted for a username and password. If you are, you need to
enter your username on the remote machine - in the form
machine_name\username - and your password on that machine. Remember that the
permissions on the remote machine are local to that machine - so don't enter
your work machine's name.

HTH

Paul

Coventry UK