• Laptops
  • Fan
  • Dell
  • ATX
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 30, 2010 12:37:34 PM

Hello Everyone,
I'm repairing my stepmother's computer today. The fan is acting loud (sounds like an electrical problem and I'm replacing it with a Rosewill RV300 ATX fan. She does not know what service tag or form factor that the tower is. Are most Dell towers ATX or BTX?

More about : dell laptop form factor

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
January 30, 2010 1:37:32 PM

It could be either one; get the model number and do a search for a picture or product specs of the motherboard. BTX boards have the ports on the wrong side, and won't fit an atx case. I recommend pricewatch or ebay for dell boards. Computer geeks has one btx Intel 955 board very cheap, but it doesn't run the newer core2 duo cpus. It might fit your dell if the case is btx form factor.
February 5, 2010 11:35:24 PM

CRidilla said:
Hello Everyone,
I'm repairing my stepmother's computer today. The fan is acting loud (sounds like an electrical problem and I'm replacing it with a Rosewill RV300 ATX fan. She does not know what service tag or form factor that the tower is. Are most Dell towers ATX or BTX?

I took a look at her computer and she has a Dell Inspiron 2350. The specs are attached here http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/dim2350/s... . My next question is how much is the cooling fan and how much of a pain in the ass is it to replace, if it's even an FSU?
m
l
February 12, 2010 11:05:09 PM

Best answer selected by CRidilla.
m
l
!