hi i recently built my computer. here are my specs:

antec 900
gigabyte ga p55 usb3 mobo
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
i5 750 stock (no overclock)
corsair tx 750psu
bfg 210 gpu
xp home

i looked into my bios and my ram frequency is listed as 1333 when it should be 1600mhz
how do u go about changing it to stock settings as advertised? im a noob at this so please simplify (first build)
also i want my i5 at stock, no oc, i just want my ram freq changed the way it was suppose to be, or is this false advertising by gskill?
thanks

Hi.

Ur current RAM don't support 1600 as default or as an options in the BIOS, in this case u need set all the specifications of ur RAM manually in the BIOS.

How do u do that? U need enter to the BIOS of ur mobo (I think that ur BIOS mobo is something like this), look for the option advance memory settings and I think that u can find there the options to set the specifications of ur RAM manually.

U only need change this: CL, Trcd, Trp, Tras and also set the voltage to the specific of ur RAM.

k3v1n_123

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
thanks saint, and yes that's exactly the bios in my motherboard. could you tell me more in depth about what you mean when you change the cl, trcd, etc? i have no idea what you are talking about... remember im a noob who has just built his first computer.

k3v1n_123

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
my ram is the second one
i kind of get it but im not sure what numbers to change in the settings. also im scared that i might mess something up. if i change the ram frequency, i have to change the cpu too correct?

k3v1n_123

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
i also emailed g skill about the change in frequencies. heres the reply:

Dear Customer,

We can definitely help you. In the Bios under Ai overclocker/Ai tuner simply enable XMP profile and it will automatically load the settings for the memory. Save and exit and you will be running at the rated speed.

Thank You,
G.Skill RMA Department

their method seems easier to do. so whos right?