Sign in with
Your question

Nzxt tempest evo water cooling question

Last response: in Overclocking
April 8, 2012 7:08:14 PM

hey guys i havent been keeping up with much pc stuff lately and recently i decided id like to upgrade my current pc build. im going to be purchasing a 8120 and a 7850 or 7950 plus a new psu and an ssd.

so my question is about water cooling my 8120 when i get it. ive decided that i want a h80, h100 or possibly build my own water cooling loop. i sort of have my mind set on the h100 but im not sure if id be able to mount it in my case?

so does anyone know if its possible to mount the dual 120mm rad on the top 140mm fans in the nzxt tempest evo? im interested in the h100 because its not much more than the h80.

but again can anyone tell me if its possible to mount the h100 rad on the top of the nzxt tempest evo? has anyone here done it? thanks again guys. all help is greatly appreciated
a c 88 K Overclocking
April 9, 2012 5:17:12 AM

I have no real experience with either the H100 or that case but from what I can tell, it should fit fairly easily.
For not much more than the H100 there is the XSPC RASA Watercooling kit - this has the advantage of expandability and future growth
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11743/ex-wat-159/XSPC...
I'm sure there's a way to mount that in there
Something to consider...
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
April 9, 2012 7:41:53 AM

@ budgetballer -
Quote:
can anyone tell me if its possible to mount the h100 rad on the top of the nzxt tempest evo?
yes it is with a little room to spare, add a grain of salt to the word spare :) 

replace the top 120 fans with the ones provided by corsair, and use the long screws to mount the rad to the top. However, it'll be push or pull in only 1 direction.

going with c12's advice, yeah that'd be a good thing to do since you are spending near similar for a CPU only loop and the temp is phenomenal. One user/owner(forgot his name) posted a temp drop of near 10' on load and 6' on idle with an OC ofc. far better than the H100.
+1 to rasa kit though the mounting will be an issue as well as clearance between mobo if internally mounted. If externally mounted, anything can work.

and the 8120 rated @ 125W TDP is going to be a hot chip to work with, so the H100 wouldn't be a worthwhile purchase.

hope this helps.
m
l
Related resources
April 10, 2012 12:04:14 AM

Lutfij said:
@ budgetballer -
Quote:
can anyone tell me if its possible to mount the h100 rad on the top of the nzxt tempest evo?
yes it is with a little room to spare, add a grain of salt to the word spare :) 

http://www.nzxt.com/new/images/_upload/product_gallery/IMG_4860.jpg
replace the top 120 fans with the ones provided by corsair, and use the long screws to mount the rad to the top. However, it'll be push or pull in only 1 direction.

going with c12's advice, yeah that'd be a good thing to do since you are spending near similar for a CPU only loop and the temp is phenomenal. One user/owner(forgot his name) posted a temp drop of near 10' on load and 6' on idle with an OC ofc. far better than the H100.
+1 to rasa kit though the mounting will be an issue as well as clearance between mobo if internally mounted. If externally mounted, anything can work.

and the 8120 rated @ 125W TDP is going to be a hot chip to work with, so the H100 wouldn't be a worthwhile purchase.

hope this helps.

hm im going to look into what you guys linked me but the fans on top are 140mm's. i wanted to try and see if i could still do a push pull setup though.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
April 10, 2012 12:20:09 AM

well, i just looked at it again, i suppose you have to mod it. but for 130 you can still get a watercooling loop to work on your case and leave the 140 alone :) 
m
l
April 10, 2012 12:36:41 AM

Lutfij said:
well, i just looked at it again, i suppose you have to mod it. but for 130 you can still get a watercooling loop to work on your case and leave the 140 alone :) 

looks like thats what i may have to do. i dont think it should be too hard mounting the 240mm rad on the top 140's in my case because there are a few holes that are already there that i may be able to utilize. well thanks again ill post back when i get it and let you guys know how it worked out ! :sol: 
m
l
!