Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD Phenom II X4 940

Last response: in Motherboards
May 20, 2010 2:39:55 AM

Hello,
is this processor compatible with any am2 motherboard specifically the A8SN-CF which has a am2 socket
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12546_div...

More about : amd phenom 940

Best solution

a b À AMD
a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2010 4:23:12 AM

For your motherboard, providing a model number without a brand name is not enough for us to help you.
You will need to check the CPU compatibility list on the manufacturer's website.
All amd cpus were designed to be compatible back to the am2 socket BUT this is not the case in practical usage. the chipset and bios compatibility also come into play.

Edit: I just realized you posted in the "Asus" section. A search for your motherboard on the asus website showed me that it does not exist. can you tell us more about your computer?

Edit, Edit: I just realized your link was to an HP computer, not to the CPU as I thought it was.

Therefore, your answer is no. The chipset does not support that CPU, so there is no way it would work. You are stuck with the CPUs that HP listed as the ones that originally came with your model.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2010 4:48:24 AM

It looks like it's an Asus mobo used only in custom brand PC's like HP. By the number it looks like it's a 939 socket motherboard. You should ask that on the Asus site on their forum or customer support.
May 27, 2010 1:00:56 PM

Best answer selected by jj12776.
!