PC Specifications for Gaming

Rajan_73

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Hi,

I am planning to buy some gaming PCs (or assemble). But I am getting confused with the Dual Core and Core 2 and Core 2 Quad technologies, further suffixed by E7400 or T8100 like numbers.

Now, I believe, that Process Clock speed, Motherboard, RAM and Graphics card and to some extent a SATA instead of IDE HDD are the most essential items I need to take care of. However, after going through various articles on comparison and all searches, still I have not been able to short list the items.

My basic plan is to go for Multiplayer gaming in Unreal Tournament, Need for Speed, Quake 3, POP, GTA 4 etc etc which do not require too much of the hardware and of course are not money hungry.

As a whole, as told to me ...

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.9 Ghz E****,
Intel or Asus G41 Mobo,
2 Gb RAM,
Geforce Nividia **** Graphics Card,
SATA HDD and
a good Cooling cabinet+SMPS (to help OC),

...should be good enough for most of the games of today and would not need any upgradation for the next 1 or max 2 years

Could anyone please suggest me an ideal configuration for the above said purpose, and since I am not concentrating on a single system, but a whole lot of 5 or 10 of these, I need to be really specific on the specs as to reduce the overall cost of the setup.

Thanks in advance for reading the post and helping me out with the dilemma.

Regards,

Rajan

PS: I am not sure about the E**** spec for the processor and card of Nividia

asteldian

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
To be honest, your best bet is to place this in HOmebuilt Systems area. You will get plenty of great answers and recommendations and likely ways of a better build for the same price.

If you are looking for performance for cheap, likely AMD will be your best bet for processor. Also instead of Nvidia I would go with an ATI 5XXX series as I am guessing the budget you are looking at would mean an outdated Nvidia card whereas you can likely get the ATI latest series of cards.

Rajan_73

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Thanks asteldian,

I would place this post in the Homebuilt Systems area, for that matter.

As you suggested, the AMD processors and ATI Graphics cards are not very common in India and therefore you know there may be doubts about them on after sales service levels. However still, if we leave that aspect aside, what would be the specs that I can go for be it Intel or AMD or ASUS.

I'd definatly go at least with a Quad processor; Duo's are really starting to show their age in the gaming department. They get the job done, but with so many new games taking advantage of extra processor cores, I think its clear Duo's are going the way of the dodo.

TRENDING THREADS