[2] - What's the date on your objects.package?

Last response: in Video Games
November 11, 2004 6:36:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.

I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
18th).

So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.

It's in

Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects

If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
(or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)

--

More about : date objects package

November 11, 2004 9:07:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

10/28/04 - the only hack I have is the happy picture thingy. That was
around when I installed it.

FWIW - size is 32,792 KB

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
> about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
> the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
>
> I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
> objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
> are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
> 18th).
>
> So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
>
> It's in
>
> Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects
>
> If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
> (or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)
>
> --

November 11, 2004 6:43:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:36:51 -0600, "Jeremy Reaban"
<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

>Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
>about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
>the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
>
>I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
>objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
>are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
>18th).
>
>So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
>
>It's in
>
>Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects
>
>If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
>(or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)

Date modified: 8/17/2004
Date created : 9/28/2004 - the date that I reinstalled.

I've installed plenty of custom skin/eyes/hair/etc. and also the
various hacks that are around.

The first time I ran the game my firewall asked permission for it to
connect out, and I created a rule to deny all access, just FYI in case
that has anything to do with it.
November 11, 2004 9:42:47 PM

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
> about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
> the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
>
> I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
> objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
> are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
> 18th).
>
> So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
>
> It's in
>
> Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects
>
> If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
> (or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)

Mine has 10/11/004 18.59 date and I *definately* added a hair file(from
TSR) around that time last night, it wasn't a hack, but the custom content
folders(for community lots) has gone, I missed those awhile ago, but just
thought a bug or something, I reinstalled Julie Carrigons folder and that's
still there, the painting hack is still there, and a couple more I added one
being Inge's "Nosocialworker" hack, the other being "noempypotty" one,they
still work at the moment, but if they stop working or go missing I'll post
to that effect, they seem to think it's when we connect to the internet, but
most times I put my modem on standby when I play the game(I don't *need* to
be on the internet then), and I've just remembered I used SimPE last night,
but don't remember the time.

--
----Sandra
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
> about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
> the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
>
> I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
> objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
> are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
> 18th).
>
> So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
>
> It's in
>
> Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects
>
> If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
> (or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)

Created: Oct 23/04
Modified: Oct 26/04

No hacks, but have got the computers and plants from Maxis plus some clothing
through the *.
November 12, 2004 2:50:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
> about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
> the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
>
> I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
> objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
> are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
> 18th).
>
> So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
>
> It's in
>
> Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects

Well, there's ANOTHER folder I don't have! Could it be, since I pre-ordered,
I got a partially finished Game???
Sage

> If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
> (or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)

November 12, 2004 5:17:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
> about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
> the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
>
> I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
> objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
> are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
> 18th).
>
> So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
>
> It's in
>
> Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects
>
> If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
> (or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)
>
> --

Mine's Nov 6th. I also do not allow the game to access the internet. I have
it blocked with a firewall. I have the Happy Picture, Carrigons Collection
and the Abduction hack. They all still work
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 6:41:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
> Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
> about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
> the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
>
> I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
> objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
> are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
> 18th).
>
> So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
>
> It's in
>
> Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects
>
> If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
> (or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)
>
> --

And even stranger is the fact that Inge has pulled all her Sims 2 downloads
from her site.
http://www.simlogical.com/
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 8:33:29 AM

<jer@connectria.com> wrote:

:>Inge Jones posted something rather disturbing over at Mod the Sims 2,
:>about how hacks seem to disappear and the objects.package (where all
:>the objects from the game are stored) mysteriously gets modified.
:>
:>I haven't noticed anything missing, but when I checked the date on my
:>objects.package, sure enough, it was Nov. 4. All other Sims 2 files
:>are August 17th, and all the folders have the day I installed it (Sept
:>18th).
:>
:>So, if you're bored, if you would, check to see the date on this file.
:>
:>It's in
:>
:>Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects
:>
:>If it's recent, if you would also tell me which hacks you installed
:>(or what hack you installed on that date, if you remember)

File size: 33,578,321
Created: 9/21/04
Modified: 10/05/04

BTW, 9/21/04 is the date I installed the game.

I've installed and tested virtually every "beta hack" from MTS2 and
most of them are still installed. I downloaded the Alienware Computer
and the Halloween yard objects from the Sims2 site using the
"snowflake" inside the game. I think I also downloaded a few houses
that way. I've also installed a number of houses and community lots
downloaded from various places.

I wonder if this could have something to do with the auto-update
setting in the game. Maybe EA/Maxis has slipped an update to that
file into people's systems that have active net connections when
playing the game. Is there anyone who has auto-update disabled and
still has had changes made the objects.package file? Also, is there
anyone whose objects.package file has never been modified? If so,
what is your auto-update setting?

me/2
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 9:52:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

September 18 is my date; that was the installation date.

I have never registered, and I have never started up sims2 while
I was connected to the internet. None of my downloads have ever
disappeared.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 10:40:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

But I killed some Sims last night, after I had checked the date.

According to the latest word at modthesims2, character data for
the Grim Reaper is actually stored in objects.package, and every
time the Reaper appears the objects package is rewritten.

This is another major *major* *MAJOR* bug!

It may also be the reason why some people have a bug where
their UI buttons are grayed out forever when the Reaper appears.
!