Sign in with
Your question

4000Mhz Hyper Transport MoBo

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Processors
Last response: in Motherboards
May 20, 2010 2:21:21 PM

I'm looking for a motherboard to match the processor I have in mind for my new rig.

Here's the processor I'm looking at (not locked in yet)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

What I'm looking for in the motherboard:
Comes as close to the 4000Mhz Hyper Transport FSB on that Phenom as possible

DDR3 Memory-1600

6GB/s SATA III

A great onboard sound solution would be ideal as well.

besides all that I'm up for suggestions, I've just started looking.

More about : 4000mhz hyper transport mobo

May 27, 2010 12:53:45 PM

The Phenom 955 is a very good quad core processor which has unlocked multiplier,So you can above 4ghz using nice aftermarket cpu coolers.

But since you have not finalized and considering that you are going for the amd then the1090T is the best option you can get from amd.It is a hexa core black edition processor along with turbo core.Well many programs might not still use more than 2 to 3 cores effectively but you can expect softwares with more threads in the future.Under that cases a 6 core will outperform a quad core.If you can't afford a 6 core now then look out for the amd's zasma(4 core with 2 cores disabled) with turbo core(also with a good unlocking mobo and a little bit of luck you can turn it into a six core).With more cores you can do video encoding faster.

Presently only the 1090T is the only black edition among the six cores but you can still overclock on other six cores too(1055 cheap too)
See this:
http://www.techpowerup.com/117285/AMD_Phenom_II_X6_Thub...

Quote:
What I'm looking for in the motherboard:
Comes as close to the 4000Mhz Hyper Transport FSB on that Phenom as possible

i did not get what you meant here above

The phenom officially supports max DDR3 1333Mhz ram.So i would recommend going for the good lower 1333Mhz ram with good overclocking options.
Actually the phenom does not require DDR3 as a requirement,only the intel i series(probably i7 or higher)processors need DDR3 as a requirement.
Still go for a DDR3 as prices are falling and they provide a larger bandwidth.

Almost all onboard sound solution comes with 7.1.So it's just fine.

Well since you haven't mentioned your use with the computer, i can't recommend something.
m
l
May 27, 2010 1:17:02 PM

Earlier i recommended the six core from the amd.Sorry I am taking back the suggestion about the six cores.Simply go for the 955BE and overclock at the maximum.

Here is something that really disappoints about the 1090T from the amd.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/982/14 and the whole article.

If you are looking for a better cpu from the intel probably go for i5 750.
m
l
!