ATI TV Tuner & ATI HD 3650

I have an old AGP ATI Rage Theater Tv card, and I figured I might as well hook this up to my CRT TV.

I also have an ATI 3650 HD video card. I plan on using this for dual monitors at some point.

The problem is that right now I can't seem to get the TV card to work. When I boot my computer, the screen is blank until I log into windows, then I can see a secondary monitor display on my LCD monitor.

I have installed the drivers for both cards. I am using a standard TV cable (the one with the pin in the center that screws on) to connect the card to the TV.

Do I have to setup my TV for the card some how?

Also, my main card seems to be using old drivers. The picture isn't crisp like when I first installed the drivers from the CD for the HD 3650. I tried installing the newest drivers and it didn't fix the problem.
5 answers Last reply
More about tuner 3650
  1. You're going to need to purchase an external USB based video capture device as the two video cards are in conflict. That TV cable connector is an F-Connector.
  2. I'm not trying to record video, I'm trying to use my TV as a second monitor.

I am pretty sure this can be set up. I have read about people using an AGP and PCI-E card at the same time.
  3. ATI Rage - wayyyyyy old, and you need a board with PCIE and AGP - there were a few but all rubbish

any modern card can do dual out through any two ports available on the card - just find one with TV-out

as for your image quality not being the same - its either bad cable, card or monitor, no drivers will do that unless you have messed with the software etc
  4. I fixed the image quality by using the CD utility to uninstall the driver then reinstall using the latest from the website.

I know it's an old card. I have a fairly old system (about 5 years) and my mobo has AGP and PCI-E.

I checked my new card's (HD 3650) specs and it has TV out. Is it possible to connect this card to a CRT TV and will it be able to handle triple display (LCD D-SUB 1280x1024 monitor, 23-24" LCD DVI 1080p, and CRT tv)?
  5. This thread can be closed. The old ATI card runs too hot and I'd prefer to just go with dual monitors.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV HD ATI Graphics