Gaming build advice $600

easyz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This Friday
BUDGET RANGE: Roughly $550
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, case
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, ebay.com, asus.com, or tigerdirect.com
PARTS PREFERENCES: Not really
OVERCLOCKING: Yes
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1024 x 768

What I plan on building with....

Case:
BMW ATX PC Dekstop Case with 350 watt PSU

Processor:
AM2 Athlon II X2 Dual Core 245 2.9Ghz AMD AM2 SOCKET 2MB Cache Retail W/ Heatsink Fan 83333

MEMORY:
CRUCIAL CT25664AA667 2GB DDR2 667 Non-ECC 240-pin DIMM PC2 5300 CL5 64614

VIDEO CARD:
clueless

HDD:
At least two 1tb internal harddrives one for bios+hardware updates/ other for games and fun

OPTICAL:
HP dvd+R/+RW-DL/1040i 20x Multiformat Dvd writer-lightscribe

PSU:
clueless

I'm experienced in building & modding everyday use PC's for myself as well as friends and family, but not sure quite what I'm getting into with a gaming build. I'm not dead set on anything in the above list, I could even go either way as far as or Intel processors. I have been wanting to create one for a while but was always caught up with school. plan on making this one for me, and give best buy Compaq comp that i modded alot with different item backs to folks. Also what kind of gaming performance could I expect out of this machine? I would like to run MMORPGS & etc.... as well as Borderlands, COD4, MW2 to name a few. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!...i already have a 1 tb so yea

I really would like to be able to update my bios to at least Rampage Formula.

or if you find im being to skeptical could you tell me what would be some good, motherboard,psu,gpu,processor,hdd,memory card, vodeo card,etc.................

Solution
Well building with Full HD in mind and a bit more teeth in the PSU dept:
CCDF.jpg

If this is too pricey then just get a HD 4670 and consider an upgrade in the GPU dept. once u move to higher resolutions ^^
For a gaming rig your desire of having 2 x 1TB would seriously compromise your gaming performance for the same budget so suggest zoom in to settle on a decent GPU 1st and foremost (1st priority) then the rest would follow :p Negative on cheaping out on PSU as well

easyz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
already have one tb but could get another for 50 bucks the least....but what would you consider a decent gpu and/or psu...and its really for modding and other console hacking software and stuff

easyz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
il move past 1024 x 768, because il be using a dual monitor, and what would be some gud soundcard, and im not really likeing what i choose for my processor nad/or motherboard, and memory, so could you give me a full list of what you would consider at a 300-500($700) expense.

easyz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
woo..thanks man youe my hero....well ok minus the hard drive, case, having second thoughts bought the fan... beacuse i recently brought a APEX ALA400ATX 400W ATX blue led Dual Fan Switching Power Supply, you think i would need a 650w??.....and i probably could get the same type of memory card for cheaper.....but other then that this would be perfect..other then i was looking for a motherboard that would have dual-monitor plugs...at least more then 4 pci slots...but i am second guessing everything ive have said to except the case and hardrive

easyz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

easyz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
well the motherboard that you suggested ...isnt really see qualifing as a gaming rig hardware....what would you consider i got about 110 for the motherboard

TRENDING THREADS