Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cann

star260

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Dell Laptop Windows XP SP3 - Intel Celeron M processor 1.40GHz, 512MB Ram, ATI MOBILIT RADEON 9000

Local connection works fine but my wireless connection doesn't get through my laptop. The wireless works since it goes through my PS3 and my sister's laptop perfectly.

I have used repair, but it'll say:
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address

I have used in cmd command:
ipconfig/renew
It'll say a message:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected.

Please help :(

Solution
log into your wireless router. change the wireless security type from wpa2 to wep-open. also change the wireless network name. be advised all of your wireless devices will be disconnected from the network when you do this.

now try to connect with your windows xp computer. if it works now on the new network then go ahead and connect the other wireless devices to your new network. if it still doesnt work you can change the router's settings to what they were before.
log into your wireless router. change the wireless security type from wpa2 to wep-open. also change the wireless network name. be advised all of your wireless devices will be disconnected from the network when you do this.

now try to connect with your windows xp computer. if it works now on the new network then go ahead and connect the other wireless devices to your new network. if it still doesnt work you can change the router's settings to what they were before.

Solution

star260

Honorable
May 17, 2012
It helped!! Thank you so much nhasian. :na:

I went to the setup page for linkys on browser by going to http://192.168.1.1

My wireless security mode was under WPA2/WPA mixed mode. I disable the security making it open to test if it'll work. And it did!!

Since leaving it open isn't good, I figure out another option that works. WPA2 Personal worked to!

Thank you again nhasian!! :bounce: