XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 for more than CPU

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
I'm looking into a RASA 750 RX360 watercooling kit because I find the custom watercooling a bit confusing :D (like a noob). What I was thinking to do was to purchase that kit, and buy a XSPC Raystorm Intel Cpu block to replace the averageish included CPU block, and purchase a GTX 680 block to feed back into the Rasa 750 reservoir. I will of course ad tubing and buy some fittings. So i'm essentially buying a CPU watercooling kit and adding an extra component to cool inside the loop.

Is this possible or do I need a higher power pump? Thank you vry much.

Solution
Yeah, Oz is pretty scarce on the Pc side I know
any of the kits with the dualbay res/pump combo should be using the X20 750L in there,
Are you thinking of this one from Casegear?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_45&products_id=16617
thats the X20 750L pump in there already,
add 2 barbs and the Gpu block, maybe put three more fans on for push/pull to maximise the Rads potential and your off to a good start, although once you start you are always going to want to be looking at the next thing hehe :p
Moto
You can buy kits with the Raystorm block already in, as well as an upgraded pump,
btw the Rasa blocks are by no means averagish, they are pretty good blocks in their own right you know
are you UK or US based?
if you buy the kit with the X20 750L pump/res it is sufficient to do a Cpu/Gpu loop, but the upgraded kits with the D5 pump is definitely preferable
tubing is included in the kits btw along with barbs (you will need two extra for adding the Gfx block though)
and how are you mounting the RX360? on top/inside?
Moto

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Hi Moto, I live in Australia, which is crappy for PC parts unlike US or EU/Uk. I have a NZXT switch 810 case so I will be mounting the Rad on the inside.
What is the kit with the X20 750 called?

Yeah, Oz is pretty scarce on the Pc side I know
any of the kits with the dualbay res/pump combo should be using the X20 750L in there,
Are you thinking of this one from Casegear?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_45&products_id=16617
thats the X20 750L pump in there already,
add 2 barbs and the Gpu block, maybe put three more fans on for push/pull to maximise the Rads potential and your off to a good start, although once you start you are always going to want to be looking at the next thing hehe :p
Moto

Solution

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Thanks alot for that mate, do I add compression fittings or barb fittings? what's the difference?

found a couple more Oz-side sites here, http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65947
maybe worth you checking out
No real difference between comps and barbs, comps can cost more, look neater and take up more space, you must also conside both internal and external diameter of your tubing when buying them,
barbs are usually cheaper but require clamps or zipties to secure the tubing to the barb which can look tacky if done badly but you only need to worry about one measurement,
that the O/d of the barb matches the I/d of the tube :p
so really the choice is between how you want it to look, and is within your budget, theres no real difference
Moto

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Once again, thank you very much :D wish i could select more than 1 best answer lol

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
the issue I have with barb fittings is this I used a clamp and 3 zip ties to secure 1 barb connection and after about 2 years as the tube started to harden it split at the barb connection started a slow leak went to compression fittings haven't had the issue since.

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Ahh okay thanks for that mate