Sign in with
Your question

How to load usb drivers without a mouse or keyboard

Last response: in Windows XP
May 17, 2012 9:14:24 PM

Hello everyone - I really need help!! My Son's PC went back for 'surgery' and they installed a new CPU. Since then it recognises the usb mouse but not anything else that is plugged into any usb (7 in total). It says 'found new hardware' but then when I go through the process cannot find it automatically. I have tried downloading drivers without success. Anyway, I called the supplier - he guided me through uninstalling usb devices and hey presto I now cannot use the mouse or a keyboard! I have tried using the ps2 keyboard/mouse port but no difference. I can get into the bios and the keyboard works but as soon as windows loads they don't work, even in safe mode. When I load windows it recognises that I have new hardware but without a mouse or keyboard I can't do anything further. Any help would be so much appreciated, especially from my lad!!!
a b \ Driver
May 18, 2012 5:41:26 AM

wow if the ps2 keyboard and mouse ports dont work either you need to take that back to your repair shop. it is possible the motherboard is defective
!