What do i do if i deleted my partition and now all I get is a black screen that

Hazmat066

Honorable
May 17, 2012
what do i do if i deleted my partition and now all I get is a black screen that says NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart. I do that and it just keeps coming back to the same screen?

deleted your partition? You can try to fix it with testdisk

Otherwise it will require a fresh install of your operating system. If you have a prebuilt system like a dell or hp for example usually you can do a factory restore by pressing the appropriate keys during POST.

Hazmat066

Honorable
May 17, 2012
This is a HP Compaq d530c decktop. And as said before this is my problem.(what do i do if i deleted my partition and now all I get is a black screen that says NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart. I do that and it just keeps coming back to the same screen?) So I don't have any desktop no cmd nothing but, a black screen that says NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart.

Hazmat066

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hey guys thank for trying to help me with this problem but, I don't think that I explained the situation well enough. Because even that last solution is based on the fact that I am able to get passed the black screen that says NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart. Unless I read the direction wrong. This is possible.

you are incorrect. the link I gave you will allow you to restore your computer to the way it was when you first purchased it.

Turn on the computer and press the Esc key when the first logo screen appears.
this will bring up the boot menu.

Insert the first recovery disc into the top CD or DVD drive.
Use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow keys to select the CD or DVD drive containing the recovery disc, and press the Enter key to start.
If a screen displays Press R for recovery options , press the R key.
A screen with a list of options should appear: R, F, and Q. These options can change depending on the state of the hard drive. For example, if the hard drive is new, only R lists.
Select one of the following methods depending on the type of recovery method you want to perform:
Press R to perform a standard system recovery.
Press F to perform a destructive recovery. This will format the hard drive. If the hard drive is new or has had the recovery partition damaged, this option will also create new partitions and format the drive.
Press Q to quit recovery.

Read and respond to each window and screen that appears.

NOTE:When changing discs, do not press the OK button. Instead, wait for the drive to read the disc and automatically continue the recovery.

NOTE:If you are using a supplemental recovery disc (select models only), you must remove the supplemental disc before restarting the computer.
After the System Recovery is complete, the computer restarts and continues into Windows setup. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.

NOTE:It may take a long time to complete Windows setup. This time varies and may take over several hours. Recovery times are most affected by using recovery discs that were ordered from HP and/or the amount of files that were stored in the user account folders (Like My Documents and the Desktop).
Before using your computer, update and protect your computer. For more information, refer to Things To Do After Performing a System Recovery in Windows XP .

Hazmat066

Honorable
May 17, 2012
So I went to the link you said to but, it said WE'RE SORRY! You need to update your Flash Player. S o I do this more than 3 seperete times and reopened IE fresh after each time . But the same window keeps popping up. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it but, withthe same results. My PC I'm trying to do this with is a newer HP running Windows 7 so I am once again stuck.