lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
i currently now am running prime95 and just started but my temps on the cpu is 54C on 1.425V. My cores are at 44.5C. I am going to run it for 12 hrs and how do i know its stable?

You can usually get some idea of where the problem is if P95 crashes.

The small fft's test is designed to stress the CPU. The large fft's and blend tests extensively read and write to the memory.

So if, for example, the small fft's test runs but the blend test fails, check your memory settings.

There has been a lot of discussion here about how long to run Prime95 when stress testing. Most here recommend 6 - 12 hours. A few of us (I am one) who are fanatical about system stability, stress test for 24 hours.

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
mobo: M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
cpu: AMD PHEMON II X6 1090t stock(3.2) currently (4.0)
ram: gskill ddr3 1333 mhz
gpu: gigabyte gtx 46
psu rosewill 600w
optical drive: dvd+/- burner
HDD: seagate 500gb
case: cooler master 912
liquid cooler: antec kuhler 920

Lutfij

Titan
9-9-9-24-2N @ 1.5V thas the rated specs

you need to look for the AMD overclocking guide in the stickies, ontop of this section. I an intel user, but they work pretty much the same...in order to push those dimms past 1333MHz, you'll need to be careful - they might go to 1600 but with relaxed timings i suppose.

Lutfij

Titan
one person mentioned running stress testing programs in safe mode as this will only load up necessary drivers and files instead of the whole enchilada :)

only upping the vcore isn't the best way, though each chip has its own fingerprint vcore id...

Lutfij

Titan
were any threads falling behind?
refer to the AMD oc'ing guide to help you reach a stable OC and what sort of setting to gun for, then mix+match other settings.

One thing to remember, work out one thing at a time and be patient. Too hasty into an OC and you could lock the BIOS and possible kill components.

Lutfij

Titan
wasn't talking about ram, was talking about the chip cos it will obviously have a dif vcore pref than another forum member. tax the new OC with a game and see how it dishes out performance. Many times too often, the stress testing are all green but a game can cause a system to BSOD or reboot.so that'll set you back onto another tweaking/setting route.