Sign in with
Your question

Video Card Issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 22, 2009 12:52:23 AM

Does anyone have a solution to text overlay not playing on a second monitor on top of a video? I work at a church, and am using a backup laptop with Windows 7 newly installed. Latest drivers, nVidia GeForce 8200M G GFX card. Running LiveWorship, can not get text to overlay. Either the text will show or the video will play, but not both at once. Hasn't worked in XP - Vista - 7, so I'm thinking it's a card issue but I don't know for sure.

More about : video card issue

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2009 1:47:34 AM

Not knowing this LiveWorship, a general use over text of a photo or amimation is done in several ways. Make sure the text is in the outter most layer or top, over the photo.....make sure the text color is able to dispay over the photo.i.e. black background with a white color text.
some text display programs have a lot of settings to be displayed over a photo. i.e. size, type of text, masking, and the like.....check your help section of your program for exact procedure.
November 22, 2009 9:10:27 AM

Quote:
Not knowing this LiveWorship, a general use over text of a photo or amimation is done in several ways. Make sure the text is in the outter most layer or top, over the photo.....make sure the text color is able to dispay over the photo.i.e. black background with a white color text.
some text display programs have a lot of settings to be displayed over a photo. i.e. size, type of text, masking, and the like.....check your help section of your program for exact procedure.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have had this working before, and text will show over backgrounds. However, the videos will not play behind the text for anything. I've asked the tech team of LiveWorship, scoured the manuals over and over, to no avail. I think the problem is deeper. When I cue a slide with a video background and text on top, the text shows on a black background. When I click the slide (on the second monitor, the words disappear and the video plays. NO idea what's up with it.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 175 U Graphics card
November 22, 2009 10:35:08 AM

Does this work on the primary monitor?

I get the feeling the problem is the fact your using overlays. For example, if you bring up WMP and play a video you can't take a screen shot. If you pause it and hit print screen and paste it in your photo program, all you get is a black screen. The video is playing in an overlay. You can disable this by turning off all video acceleration.
November 23, 2009 2:28:08 PM

Hey, thanks again. No, this does not work on my primary display either. Same problem as above, words disappear and then video plays. Wouldn't turning off GFX hardware acceleration basically disable my graphics card? I have a friend that is really good with computers and that's what he said. "What good is having a graphics card then?" is what he said. I'll try it anyway.

Well, I tried it and there is NO way to turn off the hardware acceleration without uninstalling the whole driver, which makes it run like 3 FPS in Windows. NO aero effects and takes forever to draw stuff. Need GFX driver and acceleration.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 175 U Graphics card
November 23, 2009 3:19:47 PM

What do you need aero for? You don't turn off acceleration by uninstalling the driver. Right click on your desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced, trouble shoot tab, move the slider all the way to the left.

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem. If you uninstalled the driver and it didn't work then you probably did this in a round about way anyways. I would try working on the softwares forum seeing as they would know it best.
November 24, 2009 1:45:59 PM

4745454b said:
What do you need aero for? You don't turn off acceleration by uninstalling the driver. Right click on your desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced, trouble shoot tab, move the slider all the way to the left.

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem. If you uninstalled the driver and it didn't work then you probably did this in a round about way anyways. I would try working on the softwares forum seeing as they would know it best.

Well considering I'm in Windows 7, there is no Properties tab when I right click on my desktop. I have looked through ALL settings and no acceleration settings or anything like that. I have given up and just won't use moving backgrounds anymore. Thanks anyway, but I think I need someone who has Windows 7 to help me, and I assume that you have XP because you don't mention the Snipping Tool for screenshots and you have Properties on your desktop.
November 24, 2009 3:45:25 PM

i have a lcd 17'' monitor which has only vga port and my graphic card is 9600gt which has a dvi and vga ports so i have bought a dvi male to vga female adapter and connect the monitor to dvi port of my graphic card but nothing changed

plz help me
how to connect my monitor to my graphic card using dvi port
a b Î Nvidia
a c 175 U Graphics card
November 24, 2009 4:28:00 PM

Correct, no vista/7 here. I would still try their forum/tech support to find the answer.

raghav_raju, you need to start your own thread. I would guess you bought the wrong cable.
November 24, 2009 5:40:06 PM

then which cable should i get
!