Sign in with
Your question

A problem with spacing.

Last response: in Motherboards
May 20, 2010 8:57:48 PM

Ok so I am about to upgrade my computer to an i7 and I was lookin at the asus P6X58D-E mobo found HERE. I have 2 pci cards, one is an x-fi sound card and the other is a eSata expansion card for my external hard drive. My problem is if you look at the positioning on that motherboard I will only be able to use one of the PCI slots because the other will be taken up by my double slot toxic 5850 graphics card. So I am getting the antec twelve hundred case and it has an eSata port on the front of it and what I need to know is if there is a way to plug it into the motherboard so I don't need to use my extra PCI expansion card. I have looked at several threads on this topic and they all seem to be unclear, some people say one thing and others say the opposite. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Also on the official Asus website for that board it says under the accessories section that the board has "1 x 2-port USB 2.0/ eSATA module" but I am not sure what that means really and that isn't mentioned on newegg so I am now sure if it has it.

More about : problem spacing

a c 78 V Motherboard
May 20, 2010 10:46:22 PM

Sure, plug the case's eSATA cable into an unused motherboard SATA port. Then use the case's eSATA port for your external HDD.
m
l
May 21, 2010 7:27:48 AM

As treefrog07 said, the case e-sata is plugged to a usual sata II port on the mobo..I'm 100% sure since I have the antec 902 and it's similar to the 1200..But mind you the audio from the front panel has continuous static in these cases, if you ask me, I say go for the cooler master storm sniper.
m
l
Related resources
May 25, 2010 5:25:31 PM

I won't be using the front panel audio anyway as I have a creative x-fi that will be in the back :) 
m
l
May 26, 2010 6:20:47 AM

O ya that was a mistake actually :p  I am getting the premium :) 
I have resolved this problem however so thanks lol.
m
l
!