A problem with spacing.

Ok so I am about to upgrade my computer to an i7 and I was lookin at the asus P6X58D-E mobo found HERE. I have 2 pci cards, one is an x-fi sound card and the other is a eSata expansion card for my external hard drive. My problem is if you look at the positioning on that motherboard I will only be able to use one of the PCI slots because the other will be taken up by my double slot toxic 5850 graphics card. So I am getting the antec twelve hundred case and it has an eSata port on the front of it and what I need to know is if there is a way to plug it into the motherboard so I don't need to use my extra PCI expansion card. I have looked at several threads on this topic and they all seem to be unclear, some people say one thing and others say the opposite. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Also on the official Asus website for that board it says under the accessories section that the board has "1 x 2-port USB 2.0/ eSATA module" but I am not sure what that means really and that isn't mentioned on newegg so I am now sure if it has it.
5 answers Last reply
More about problem spacing
  1. Sure, plug the case's eSATA cable into an unused motherboard SATA port. Then use the case's eSATA port for your external HDD.
  2. As treefrog07 said, the case e-sata is plugged to a usual sata II port on the mobo..I'm 100% sure since I have the antec 902 and it's similar to the 1200..But mind you the audio from the front panel has continuous static in these cases, if you ask me, I say go for the cooler master storm sniper.
  3. I won't be using the front panel audio anyway as I have a creative x-fi that will be in the back :)
  4. About the motherboard, why did you choose The P6X58D-E?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/x58-usb-3.0-sata-6-gbps,2614-15.html
    To be honest I have ordered the P6X58D Premium myself, cuz I'm a big fan of ASUS, but if you are not, I recommend the X58A-UD3R , it's a much better deal!
  5. O ya that was a mistake actually :P I am getting the premium :)
    I have resolved this problem however so thanks lol.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product