Sign in with
Your question

V6 GT

Last response: in Overclocking
April 11, 2012 4:54:54 AM

So finally all my parts are here, minus the graphics card. I started by mounting the mother board. Easy enough, installed the CPU again easy enough. But I got 2 things that are just puzzling me.

1. When Installing the CPU, I closed the tension bar and it makes a slight squeak I read someone else heard the same thing, I took out the CPU and looked at it and it looks fine. Should I be worried?

2. Is this damn Heat Sink Fan.

Here's a video of my problem exactly

http://youtu.be/l2PiBxVmYqs

First this took me awhile to get right, the two brackets that came with the Cooler were put together backwards which kept giving me a hard time while installing. Finally I fixed that problem to uncover another.

I installed the back plate to the two brackets. I than put on thermal paste, and set the cooler on top of the CPU. Lastly I put the tension bar across and screwed in the thumb screws. Finishing screwing it in with a screw driver.

It in there solid, but I can move it slightly to the left, and right.

The CPU is a i5 2005k. The motherboard is a ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68

Thanks for any help in advance.

More about : question

a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 186 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a c 150 K Overclocking
April 11, 2012 5:43:08 AM

Screw it in with a screw driver until you can't move it with your hands.
m
l
April 11, 2012 6:10:51 AM

i screwed it in, until I couldn't screw it in anymore, but I think its the mounting bracket, as I just watched a video with a guy who had the same problem
m
l
!