Gigabyte UD3 or UD4

yogman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hello!

i am going to make a computer, and i wanted to know; Should i get a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 or a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P?

Im going to be using it with a I5 750, and a ati radeon 5850.

i want to be able to overclock the I5 750 to at lease 3.33 GHz.

which one should i go with?

Solution
both motherboards should suffice as the i5 is a superb overclocker. as far as which one to choose, both are decent boards. when referring to the ud4, two models are available. the cheaper one lacks usb 3.0 and sata 6, it has 6 usb 2.0 ports compared to the ud3 which is currently 20 dollars cheaper on newegg after rebate and its a micro atx board. However, the upside is that it has dual pci express slots compared to the ud3's single slot. the more expensive ud4P gives u the same features as the ud3 in sata 6 and usb 3.0 while adding an additional pci express slot. ultimately, it depends on your budget and whether you plan on crossfire/sli??? personally, im fine with a single slot for graphics and usb 3.0. for $120 after rebate= SOLD...

subliminalaffect

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
both motherboards should suffice as the i5 is a superb overclocker. as far as which one to choose, both are decent boards. when referring to the ud4, two models are available. the cheaper one lacks usb 3.0 and sata 6, it has 6 usb 2.0 ports compared to the ud3 which is currently 20 dollars cheaper on newegg after rebate and its a micro atx board. However, the upside is that it has dual pci express slots compared to the ud3's single slot. the more expensive ud4P gives u the same features as the ud3 in sata 6 and usb 3.0 while adding an additional pci express slot. ultimately, it depends on your budget and whether you plan on crossfire/sli??? personally, im fine with a single slot for graphics and usb 3.0. for $120 after rebate= SOLD
pardon the lack of capitalization=laziness

Solution

yogman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

thank you sooooo much!!

i thought that nobody would reply to this post! you made my day! :D

thanks again,

yogman